By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be happy with a Nintendo E3 exactly like TheSource predicted?

Soleron said:

I'll put in my opinion now: I would be very disappointed; worse than last year since it would show that the intention then wasn't transient (that Nintendo decided that each studio would be better spent making Wii Series games than traditional ones).

And I don't like Zelda, so that would be no consolation. But showing off a single main-series Mario, Paper Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Pokémon, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Kid Icarus, Mario Golf/Tennis/Kart, Luigi's Mansion, or Earthbound would be enough.

It would only if we have infos/release date of some games of the 10/02 conference.

However, I will continue play with my Wii regularly since I haven't played all the games I wanted to play.

Around the Network

The conference TheSource predicted would be in line with Nintendo's strategy at the moment. They probably don't fear a counter attack from Sony and Microsoft like last year(as in: they're not afraid of them announcing motion controllers and stealing Nintendo's audience), so that would mean that we won't get another E3 2008, and they'll be focussing more on moving upmarket.

Of course they'll put a lot of attention in the Motion Plus, as that's the weapon they're going to use against Sony and Microsoft: a Wiimote capable of doing controls required for core games on the Wii.
The focus on what's descibed here as indie-games could be there, but it won't be about those games being ''indie'', it will be about the new ideas those games presented, and how succesful they were.
The final motion initiave seems unlikely, I think they'll rather focus on the WM+ for now. But if it would happen, it would be another asset to Nintendo's moving upmarket.
The Zelda announcement would be a given if Spirit Tracks wouldn't have been announced, but it might still happen. Also, a new Zelda would be a huge core game, and that's what they're going to need if they want to ''attack'' Sony and Microsoft's audiences.

Would I be happy? DUDE.... It's Zelda! Of course I'd be happy!

Nah, that would suck. 5th one would be the only one worth something, but I don't really like Zelda games (besides lttp), so yea...

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Soleron said:

These are TheSource's 'Likely' predictions for Nintendo's E3 taken from the front page article:

1)    Nintendo will unveil a Wii video streaming service, likely featuring esoteric infomercials or some other crazy kind of service for the western markets at E3.

2)   DSi and Wii Motion Plus games will be the major focus of the showing.

3)   High concept indie-Wii Ware games will be given a lot of attention in light of the success of games like Lost Winds and World of Goo. Swords & Soldiers on Wii Ware may be getting held back in the United States just so that Nintendo can show it off at E3.

4)   Nintendo will unveil one final motion technology based initiative on Wii.

5)  A trailer of Zelda Wii, using motion plus, will debut at the end of the conference with a release date of “Spring 2010”.

If Nintendo's E3 was like this with no other major announcements, would you be happy? Would it be 'better' than last year's E3?

1) Nice added feature, but nothing that would blow me away. E3 should be about the games.

2) This'd be good for me, just got a DSi and I want to see what MotionPlus can do beyond sports games.

3) Great, if they can match the quality of Goo/LostWinds. Sequel to LostWinds would be fantastic.

4) I doubt this. Iwata said MotionPlus was the final peripheral for Wii. I expect they'll look at ways to increase the penetration of existing peripherals, such as the zapper, wheel and board (and soon MotionPlus).

5) An official announcement of Zelda would be fantastic, it's my favourite franchise. But I'd want another two big franchises to be announced, preferably Pikmin 3 and something from Retro Studios, for this year.

I'd only be happy with the last one (if said game came bundled with motion plus).

I'm not interested in Wii-ware and I don't have a DSi, so games for both/either mean nothing to me.

Zelda alone would make it better than last year, but I would like to see yet another Old school nintendo receive the rebirth treatment on the Wii (not specifically Kid Icarus though).

I'm hoping (with no evidence to back it up) for a new Super Mario DS game or a non-prime Metroid DS game

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
non-prime Metroid DS game

A 2D, DS Metroid would be my dream annoucement.

Soleron said:
CAL4M1TY said:
non-prime Metroid DS game

A 2D, DS Metroid would be my dream annoucement. They need a Fusion sequel.

They don't need anything at the moment

MazeMe said:

They don't need anything at the moment

I need a Fusion sequel.

nope needs much more then that. Some sort of annoucement about 3rd party partnerships.

wii price cut. the wii cost like 150 dollars to make.