By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

@footballfan - yes I am english and quite proud of being english. Its just that I much more prefer and enjoy United winning and playing than I do the national team, I've been like that since i was a boy and if you went to the Stretford end and asked United fans whether they want england to win world cup or whether they want United to win the League/CL 90% will choose United everytime. It was the same with everyone I have known personally, they all put club before country.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Im pround of being English and therefore i want the national team to succeed.
Liverpool aswell, but why cant there be both?

Country before club. The nation > The city

well the national team stands a better chnace of winning world cup than your liverpool do of winning the league thats for dam sure

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

lol

Watch out for Liverpool is all I'm saying. I have a feeling Aston Villa will lose a few players to them during the summer.

Around the Network

Ashley young. We need a pacey english winger. Emile Heskey. Bring the rihno back! Gab agbonlahor Torres needs a partner in crime he could be the man. 30miilion for them all. They would all want to come aswell. Who did you have in mind tamworth fan?

FootballFan said:
Ashley young. We need a pacey english winger. Emile Heskey. Bring the rihno back! Gab agbonlahor Torres needs a partner in crime he could be the man. 30miilion for them all. They would all want to come aswell. Who did you have in mind tamworth fan?

£30million for all them... you are having a f**king laugh right? We recieved a £30million offer for Young off Real Madrid and we turned it down. You forget we are an extrememly rich club, we wont let players go that easily. I think...

Barry will go to a top four club, most likely Liverpool for practically nothing as it has pretty much been agreed he is leaving.

Agbonlahor will go to Liverpool too if they don't get Tevez.

Ashley Young will go to the highest bidder.

Luke Young and James Milner will go to a top four club too.

Heskey wont leave and neither will Carew.

I think Owen will join Villa and maybe Barton if O'Niell thinks he can break him. Apart from that he said he will look overseas, which means three hopefully he will be willing to break and find 3 international class defenders. Also if all three Ashley Young, Luke Young and Garreth Barry leave we will have no-oone on the left and we will need to buy at least two good left midfielders.

I hope we keep them all, but there is a 0% chance of keeping them away from transfer speculation concerning better clubs.

By the way, Tamworth is my second favorite club and mean much less to me than Aston Villa

tamworth fan,

I dont see why Liverpool would want Barry. He isnt as good as Alonso and i doubt he would get in the Liverpool team.

Since when did Aston Villa recieve a 30 million£ bid? You been reading daily mail?  The two players i rate highest at Villa was Laursen and Young. It is a great shame Laursen retired he was a model proffesional and someone who could have carried Villa into the champions league. If it wasnt for his injury leading to Villa's slump in form i firmly believe they would have gotten 4th.  Young is a class act, I would love to see him at liverpool. 

FootballFan said:

tamworth fan,

I dont see why Liverpool would want Barry. He isnt as good as Alonso and i doubt he would get in the Liverpool team.

Since when did Aston Villa recieve a 30 million£ bid? You been reading daily mail? The two players i rate highest at Villa was Laursen and Young. It is a great shame Laursen retired he was a model proffesional and someone who could have carried Villa into the champions league. If it wasnt for his injury leading to Villa's slump in form i firmly believe they would have gotten 4th. Young is a class act, I would love to see him at liverpool.

I DO NOT READ THAT SH!T, I HATE THE DAILY MAIL WITH EVERY LAST BREATH IN MY BODY. I like the Guardian.

I know I definately heard it somewhere, I think it may have been the local paper though to be honest.

Laursen, he was a great miss for us, we should have asked him to reconsider retirement. It wasn't his defending skills that made him good, but his ability to command, that is why we must look abroad. Liverpool would be lucky to have Barry, clearly you don't watch him play that often, he is easily Aston Villas best player. Barry yet again is also another player who commands, but he hates the club so we wont let him do that lol.

Also Agbonlahor is vastly over-rated, but I can see him moving to a bigger club for not much money.

best player from aston villa is agbonlahor, I don't really know the player nor the club but my friend always destroys my defense in FIFA with villa cause agbonlahor is so damn fast in the game.

I don't think Villa would've had any chance securing 4th place against arsenal, injuries yes or no, no team in England can compete with the big 4 ( see how the other teams always fail in UEFA cup, the gap is just too big ) .

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?