By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

Owen and ye thats pretty much it. The premiership is the ONLY place to be. Aprt from MLS ovcourse lol :D

Around the Network

NINTENDOMAN.

You have the same opinion on English football in England as me. You have mmy respect!

The Italian players are by and large better than our players though (apart from chelsea/liverpool/Man UTD), also no-way the english players will cope with the heat in south africa. it will be quarter finals again. I personally dislike international football anyway as it interferes with club football which interferes with united winning.

Where were you guys when MUFC won their 18th title?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

^ Yup. When you look at it the EPL has everything. Exciting title races, shitty teams knocking out Man Utd in Carling and FA Cup, exciting relegation battles every year, last minute winners, 5-0 routes, and teams like Stoke beating Arsenal.

NintendoMan said:
The Italian players are by and large better than our players though (apart from chelsea/liverpool/Man UTD), also no-way the english players will cope with the heat in south africa. it will be quarter finals again. I personally dislike international football anyway as it interferes with club football which interferes with united winning.

Where were you guys when MUFC won their 18th title?

WHat are you talking about? I don't see the heat affecting Englands style of play. If it does, thats where Cpaello and his Italian assisstants come in. Before, English players wouldve dropped to teh ground because of teh heat, but watch Capello will get them in shape with discipline and hard work.

Around the Network

Btw I was watching the trophy presentation on Setanta, but then SOME FUCKING FRENCH REPORTER had to FUCKING interview LE VOYEUR and they didn't show Man Utd players actually getting their medals.

English players arnt use to hot weather because they were obviously born and bred in England where we get one warm day per year.

hey guys, u say your clubs is all that matters to you, thats probably not true, I remember about 2000 - 2002 when Germany National team sucked hard at euro 00 and bayern dortmund and leverkusen simultaneously landed top championsleague places ( bayern won it ) every1 was like : Screw the national team, we don't need it, we have our clubs.
well you probably know what it's like today so my point of view is : you wouldn't say this if your national team had succes, but as they really suck hard at this time ( I blame all the insane money making in the PL ) you feel let down and stick to your club, thats a normal thing but maybe things will change again.

btw, as im speaking of the -2000 years
: @ nintendoman : admit you didnt deserve 1999 CL title >_<

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

Then England should be playing better in the rain...

England are better playing in the rain. I Love England national team. Its only people who win titles every year who neglect them :'(