By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09

@ football fan - I found a source for the Ashley Young Real Madrid move... It was £27million, so yeah pretty much. If you look it up in google there are loads of sites with the news.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/3793395/Real-Madrid-court-Lassana-Diarra-and-Ashley-Young.html

Around the Network

Bayern fan

I remember aston villa been 12 points ahead of arsenal in 3rd place. Heck they might have even been above liverpool in second.

Villa fan

I think Liverpool have a player who commands the centre of midfield well enough anyway. Barry brings very little. Mascharano and gerrard are the best combination since bread and ham. Dont doubt them.

FootballFan said:
Bayern fan

I remember aston villa been 12 points ahead of arsenal in 3rd place. Heck they might have even been above liverpool in second.

Villa fan

I think Liverpool have a player who commands the centre of midfield well enough anyway. Barry brings very little. Mascharano and gerrard are the best combination since bread and ham. Dont doubt them.

Barry would be an asset to your team, Benitez seems to agree wth me quite a lot.

1200p|is|FullHD said:
best player from aston villa is agbonlahor, I don't really know the player nor the club but my friend always destroys my defense in FIFA with villa cause agbonlahor is so damn fast in the game.

I don't think Villa would've had any chance securing 4th place against arsenal, injuries yes or no, no team in England can compete with the big 4 ( see how the other teams always fail in UEFA cup, the gap is just too big ) .

Aston Villa spent the majority of this season in third place until injury hit us and we lost our confidence. We were competing and beating the big boys.

O ye i see what you mean. Real Madrid would be better with Young than Ronaldo. Atleast he wont cry and roll around every few mins. Best player in the world or not he is a disgrace.

Around the Network

You guys seem to forget that Rafas transfers fail regularly. If those players ever make it to Liverpool they will do a Robbie Keane.

Morientes
Sissoko
Luis Garcia
Babel
Keane
Mark Gonzalez
and more have failed at Liverpool. Torres is the only good signing.

Don' forget Chelsea and Utd have A lot to spend during the summer as well. The title race next year will be between Utd and Chelsea. Liverpool will finish 3rd.

FootballFan said:
O ye i see what you mean. Real Madrid would be better with Young than Ronaldo. Atleast he wont cry and roll around every few mins. Best player in the world or not he is a disgrace.

Christiano Ronaldo is not good for the game as far as football is concerned. He is the personification of everything wrong with the beautiful game. It makes me angry just to see him on the floor faking an injury or out and about pretending he is cool.

anymore on the Rumors that United are gonna get Valencia? he looks like a good player, would be good cover/competition for Ronaldo next season, we should also get another Forward if Tevez goes (hope he wont, but if he does we need to replace him)

highwaystar101 said:
FootballFan said:

Christiano Ronaldo is scum as far as football is concerned. He is the personification of everything wrong with the beautiful game. It makes me angry just to see him on the floor faking an injury or out and about pretending he is cool.

show me an Aston Villa midfielder who can play the game like Ronaldo can, then we can talk, he may be an ass at times, but when he's on form, he can take any defence to pieces.

SciFiBoy said:
anymore on the Rumors that United are gonna get Valencia? he looks like a good player, would be good cover/competition for Ronaldo next season, we should also get another Forward if Tevez goes (hope he wont, but if he does we need to replace him)

I think you should go for it and get Valencia, let's face it Ronaldo has itchy feet. Tevez will go byt the looks of it. But I wouldn't worry, I think Alex Ferguson will easily replace him.