By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

16-bit gamer said:
hmmm...maybe i'll watch Battle Dimension now..since alot of people are saying its good

You should probably watch a subbed version (there is no dub) of "Satoshi and Hikari! Head for a New Adventure!!" since it summarizes the first 47 episodes of Diamond & Pearl.  Then watch the last 4 episodes of Diamond & Pearl before moving on to Battle Dimension.

The final few episodes of Diamond & Pearl are really cool & something that's never been done in Pokemon before.

Around the Network

I just cried again...

Former something....

Pokemon Battle Dimension is terrible. I started losing interest in Hoenn. I have dvr so i record Pokemon Battle Dimension and fast forward through the episodes just so i know what is going on, but I can not sit and watch it like I use to watch Pokemon.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

I just noticed Ash had amazingly strong pokemon, why the hell did he dump all of them? And I agree with Montana, Pikachu should be at lv 100 right now, I mean it destroyed the Elite four in Kanto, yet it cant keep up with weak early gym leaders in Shino?

mM

I used to watch Pokemon all the time, but I do think it's because I grew up is why I don't watch it anymore. I loved the first episodes and I stopped watching the show while he was in the middle of the Johto region. But one thing that would irritate me is when Ash would give away his Pokemon.

Around the Network

the voice actors have to change as the actors voices change, and people dont like hearing different voices.

for example, spongebob's voice is much different then from before, and thats a big reason why that show went from being one of the best, to pretty lame.

when May joined i stopped watching.

I have a shiny Butterfree :)))))

The new episodes are really good cause the gym leaders are tougher than they've ever been and his rival Paul is such a different trainer. True, the voices suck but it's still very good. And Ash's Pokemon actually evolve now!

I've hated (most of) Pokemon since the end of the first region.

The original pokemon were much better (imo), and the stories were alot more interesting (butterfree evolving episode was actually touching).

The whole saga with Charmeleon and Charizard was awesome, and the anime was still quite good when Charizard was left at Charific Valley.

One thing I hate about pokemon is that the first three separate pokemon for each new set are a fire, grass and water type. It'd be a lot more interesting if it wasn't like that. I'd much prefer Ash keeping the original trio (bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle) than the new one (the only memorable one being the fire monkey). What's the point of using the new pokemon in the new region, when most trainers in that region would have likely encountered or even possess those pokemon.

Ah well, luckily I'm considered too old these days for it to be appropriate to be in to Pokemon, so I was around for the best episodes and don't need to be around for the current series. Also, I didn't notice that the voice actors changed for Ash (I watched an episode from the current season on early morning tv a week ago).