By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gallup: More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time

luinil said:
Also I find it interesting, and it might be a coincidence, but It seems that when Democrats get elected, it does more for the Pro-Life movement, than if a Republican gets elected.

Well George W. Bush is a pretty good argument for the pro-choice :P

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

If I trusted gallup, i'd have seen hillary clinton go against rudy G. in the elections :p

TruckOSaurus said:
luinil said:
Also I find it interesting, and it might be a coincidence, but It seems that when Democrats get elected, it does more for the Pro-Life movement, than if a Republican gets elected.

Damn...that's fucked up...but that's pretty fucking funny.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

TruckOSaurus said:
luinil said:

Thats a good one. haha. But it really does beg the question, when there is opposition to your beliefs, do you a become more cohesive group and more powerful as such? (as with Bush with the Anti-ware movement)

Or is it just fear of moving too far in one direction that individual people change their minds, or speak up and become more vocal?

nordlead said:

Let's fast forward this. My kid is 1 month old, and doens't really do much for themselves, shows about the same amount of "feeling" as the unborn baby (which they do show pain as proven through late abortions). I just lost my job and can only support myself with no potential for ever getting a job again.

Can I kill my child?

Honestly, if you aren't ready for a child, then don't take the risk. There are other ways to show that you love someone, and if you want to take the risk, then you should live with the consequences and deal with life the best you can.

No, you cannot kill your child, as it’s a human life and thus had rights. The question is when it became a human life.

I say long before it was born, yet long after your wife conceived.

Around the Network

Mafoo, while I understand your position, I don't agree with it. Most of the more religious people would tend to think that life begins at conception. I might go so far as to say that it begins before conception,
Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

So... logically based on that, every life is planned and formed by God. If he "knows" you before hand, then at what point do you become a human? The only answer can be conception. This is from a Christian perspective.

TheRealMafoo said:
nordlead said:

Seriously, why should a human life's choice to life be decided by some woman who couldn't control herself?

It shouldn't. The only thing that should be in question, is when is it a human life.

I don't think we can make that call, which is I think why we should go all the way back to conception.

TheRealMafoo said:
nordlead said:

Let's fast forward this. My kid is 1 month old, and doens't really do much for themselves, shows about the same amount of "feeling" as the unborn baby (which they do show pain as proven through late abortions). I just lost my job and can only support myself with no potential for ever getting a job again.

Can I kill my child?

Honestly, if you aren't ready for a child, then don't take the risk. There are other ways to show that you love someone, and if you want to take the risk, then you should live with the consequences and deal with life the best you can.

No, you cannot kill your child, as it’s a human life and thus had rights. The question is when it became a human life.

I say long before it was born, yet long after your wife conceived.

See, I respect that argument about when life begins, yet I disagree with the timeframe. I think taking the morning after pill is ok, but anthing after that and you already have a tiny little life living inside you (so essentially implantation). You can't deny that at 4 weeks it looks like a little alien type thing, but by 8 weeks it really looks like a tiny baby. It is 100% dependant on the mother, but being 100% dependant doesn't mean that life doesn't exist.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

makingmusic476 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
nordlead said:

Seriously, why should a human life's choice to life be decided by some woman who couldn't control herself?

It shouldn't. The only thing that should be in question, is when is it a human life.

I don't think we can make that call, which is I think why we should go all the way back to conception.

To be honest I would like to see life in this case defined as being able to live seperately from it's host mothers womb. That would be my opinion.

An heamogenous sack of cells would not be able to survive by itself. A 30 week old featus might. Anyway that's me.

luinil said:
Mafoo, while I understand your position, I don't agree with it. Most of the more religious people would tend to think that life begins at conception. I might go so far as to say that it begins before conception,
Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

So... logically based on that, every life is planned and formed by God. If he "knows" you before hand, then at what point do you become a human? The only answer can be conception. This is from a Christian perspective.

i see that passage not meaning all of humanity just that person, god had a exact need and waited till he had a baby being born that would fulfill it

also for those that want to get into it about how a woman might have used protection and still got preg...tuff shit...plain and simple when you have sex its made clear that even the most common birth controls are 97-99% effective....so if you decide to have sex….choice made from this point on the only choice you should have is "do i keep it or give it up for adoption"

the only person that should have a right to abort is those that might physically die from carrying the baby, b/c they should not have to forfeit their life unless they choice to

and rape victims, they never got a chance to choice so they should be given that right

it is really like playing Russian roulette--yeah its fun but there is always the chance you have to bite the bullet