By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gallup: More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time

The only poll that really matters is "Hey pregnant lady, do you want to have an abortion?" If she answers no, then good for her. If she answers yes, than good for her and the anti abortionists can all go to hell.

Seriously, why should a woman's choice over her body be decided by a bunch of people that aren't her?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Akuma, in 96-97 there was about a 9% jump. This is only a 7%. What's funny to me is that Catholics who are against abortion by principle are actually less opposed to it than Protestants.

@ Stof, the same reason that Mafoo posted. At some point it becomes life, and has rights.

stof said:
The only poll that really matters is "Hey pregnant lady, do you want to have an abortion?" If she answers no, then good for her. If she answers yes, than good for her and the anti abortionists can all go to hell.

Seriously, why should a woman's choice over her body be decided by a bunch of people that aren't her?

Seriously, why should a human life's choice to life be decided by some woman who couldn't control herself?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
stof said:

Seriously, why should a human life's choice to life be decided by some woman who couldn't control herself?

Oh noes the mods are arguing.

*hole blows in fabric of space and time*

highwaystar101 said:
nordlead said:
stof said:

Oh noes the mods are arguing.

*hole blows in fabric of space and time*

lol, i take stofs side then, im pro choice

Around the Network
nordlead said:

It shouldn't. The only thing that should be in question, is when is it a human life.

nordlead said:
stof said:

That's an exeptionaly black and white outlook on life. Sex isn't just a method of procreation to humans it's means of expressing love and devotion between two people, a hypothetical synario:

Two people engage in sexual intercourse, the male partner uses a condom however unbenownst to either the condom has a tear in it and several weeks later the women falls pregnant. She's currenty in college and has a large student debt and no consistent source of income. If she has the baby it will destroy her chances of doing well in higher education and therefore she will not be able to secure a job that will sufficiantly provide for her and the baby, thus leading her to live an extremely unhappy life as well as a resentment toward the baby's existence. Or she could simply terminate an unfeeling unliving bundle of cells, live a happy life and then proceed to have a child when she's mentaly ready and able to provide it with a happy life.

nordlead said:
stof said:

So she's not bright enough to choose what she can do about her pregnancy but you want her to raise a child?

Signature goes here!

Also I find it interesting, and it might be a coincidence, but It seems that when Democrats get elected, it does more for the Pro-Life movement, than if a Republican gets elected.

ZZetaAlec said:
nordlead said:
stof said:

That's an exeptionaly black and white outlook on life. Sex isn't just a method of procreation to humans it's means of expressing love and devotion between two people, a hypothetical synario:

Two people engage in sexual intercourse, the male partner uses a condom however unbenownst to either the condom has a tear in it and several weeks later the women falls pregnant. She's currenty in college and has a large student debt and no consistent source of income. If she has the baby it will destroy her chances of doing well in higher education and therefore she will not be able to secure a job that will sufficiantly provide for her and the baby, thus leading her to live an extremely unhappy life as well as a resentment toward the baby's existence. Or she could simply terminate an unfeeling unliving bundle of cells, live a happy life and then proceed to have a child when she's mentaly ready and able to provide it with a happy life.

Let's fast forward this. My kid is 1 month old, and doens't really do much for themselves, shows about the same amount of "feeling" as the unborn baby (which they do show pain as proven through late abortions). I just lost my job and can only support myself with no potential for ever getting a job again.

Can I kill my child?

Honestly, if you aren't ready for a child, then don't take the risk. There are other ways to show that you love someone, and if you want to take the risk, then you should live with the consequences and deal with life the best you can.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)