By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Ninja Gaiden 3 Planned, Dual Platform Release Likely.

New Team Ninja leader says the Ninja Gaiden series will continue, that the intention is to make it for "both audiences".

In an interview published today on Kikizo, the new leader of Tecmo's elite Team Ninja development studio, Yosuke Hayashi, has essentially confirmed Ninja Gaiden 3.

Although the PS3-exclusive Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't even out of the door yet, Hayashi didn't avoid the question when asked about the future of the series.

Despite former Team Ninja boss Tomonobu Itagaki having previously stated that Ninja Gaiden II would be the final entry in the series, Hayashi told us in no uncertain terms: "we will continue to work towards a future for the series."

He added: "What the gamers are looking for is going to be the next chapter - the future of an outstanding series. We feel that we're in a position of being able to make that call... That calling is already there - we feel it".

In addition, while Sigma 2 will definitely remain PS3 exclusive (no DLC update for 360 owners or anything), Ninja Gaiden 3 seems likely to be a dual-platform release, at least if current thinking is anything to go by.

Hayashi stated that after Sigma 2, rather than do a 360 version of it, "we're going to have to push ourselves to the next level, and we are better off giving both audiences an entirely new game.

Elsewhere in the full interview, Hayashi talks about Itagaki things, the new features in Sigma 2, the Koei Tecmo merger, Japanese developers and plenty of other stuff.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200905/confirmed-ninja-gaiden-3-planned-dual-release-likely.asp

Cant wait.

Around the Network

NG sigma 2 is one of my must haves in 2009 i cant wait for it.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
NG sigma 2 is one of my must haves in 2009 i cant wait for it.

Same here its first day buy for me, its great that they are planning on 3rd aswell i enjoyed Ninja gaiden since Nes.

I am excited for NG sigma 2.
Excited for Ayane and Kunoichi Momiji aswell.

Great...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

With Itagaki out of the way, this was a given.

And some people on this site say that if a developer is a fanboy of a certain console, it doesn't matter....

BMaker11 said:

And some people on this site say that if a developer is a fanboy of a certain console, it doesn't matter....

U mean Itagaki was the reason Ninja gaiden 2 didnt release on ps3 until now.

Tbone said:
BMaker11 said:

U mean Itagaki was the reason Ninja gaiden 2 didnt release on ps3 until now.

That too

They could also be working on Ni-oh! with Koei.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No Wii version :(