By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

twingo said:
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:

Ohh god.

You all will never understand, you also op.

See there is the Charger SRT great ride but then there a ISF, close yet worlds apart. Same way Lambo is super great, but a Ferrari always makes it its bitch casue the people behind it were born to create those god damn cars.

If you were a car enthusiast you would understand than and how GT is superior, but you are not and you wont.

GT is made by a crazed car maniac for car people, its not made for the likes of you kid.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Two lousy car analogies to explain why Gran Turismo is leagues better than Forza Motorsport, but no actual substance to the argument. Why don't you just black and white explain to everyone in detail why GT is so much better? What has the "car maniac" given GT? Remember details. Don't just say better handling, or more advanced physics. Explain why.

Actually the analogies are perfect for this, you're just a game fanboy you dont get it never will.  

breaking the way the weight transfers taking a corner.

the way i can tell iam about to lose it, same as in real life.

the way i tend to overestimate distance break hard and lose speed then red line through the greats trying to regain speed just like in real life.

the way small upgrades affect the overall feel of the car, the slight yet noticable power increase by a air/exhaust upgrade.

the way it looks, just like my beautifull is300 in real life and the sound.  

the way the wheels spin like in real life, there is no massive fake bs aka overacting (makes sense) smoke just lose which can easily be recovered.

the way handling goes down the crapper then the tires are warn out, try taking a corner to fast with a rwd when your tires are warn out.  scary shiet.  On freash ones you can recover or least save it but when they are gone its all hell breaking lose with you just holding on. 

Played Forza good game really good,  but it didnt make me feel like i was really driving my car.  Felt like a game.

Ok so what are your counter examples of those same situations in Forza? That is the crux of the argument here.

I'm also not being a fanboy, unless fanboy means disliking both games greatly. How exactly was your analogy correct though? Were one of the two cars in your analogies cars with unrealistic physics or videogame handling, because I'm fairly sure all four of your examples were real cars that all handle, brake, turn, etc. just like in real life since they are in real life. There was no correct analogy there, just one car is more powerful than another, which was not the argument at hand.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:

Ohh god.

See there is the Charger SRT great ride but then there a ISF, close yet worlds apart. Same way Lambo is super great, but a Ferrari always makes it its bitch casue the people behind it were born to create those god damn cars.

If you were a car enthusiast you would understand than and how GT is superior, but you are not and you wont.

GT is made by a crazed car maniac for car people, its not made for the likes of you kid.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Two lousy car analogies to explain why Gran Turismo is leagues better than Forza Motorsport, but no actual substance to the argument. Why don't you just black and white explain to everyone in detail why GT is so much better? What has the "car maniac" given GT? Remember details. Don't just say better handling, or more advanced physics. Explain why.

Actually the analogies are perfect for this, you're just a game fanboy you dont get it never will.  

the way i tend to overestimate distance break hard and lose speed then red line through the greats trying to regain speed just like in real life.

the way small upgrades affect the overall feel of the car, the slight yet noticable power increase by a air/exhaust upgrade.

the way the wheels spin like in real life, there is no massive fake bs aka overacting (makes sense) smoke just lose which can easily be recovered.

the way handling goes down the crapper then the tires are warn out, try taking a corner to fast with a rwd when your tires are warn out.  scary shiet.  On freash ones you can recover or least save it but when they are gone its all hell breaking lose with you just holding on. 

Played Forza good game really good,  but it didnt make me feel like i was really driving my car.  Felt like a game.

Ok so what are your counter examples of those same situations in Forza? That is the crux of the argument here.

I'm also not being a fanboy, unless fanboy means disliking both games greatly. How exactly was your analogy correct though? Were one of the two cars in your analogies cars with unrealistic physics or videogame handling, because I'm fairly sure all four of your examples were real cars that all handle, brake, turn, etc. just like in real life since they are in real life. There was no correct analogy there, just one car is more powerful than another, which was not the argument at hand.

Ehh no car guy could ever post that bs.

Forzas IS weight transfer under braking did not feel as real as REALITY.

Losing controls was to progressive. 

It lookes inferior.

It simply did not feel like my babe, felt like some sheep whore imitaing her.

twingo said:
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:
Onyxmeth said:
twingo said:

Ohh god.

It lookes inferior.

Pwned,

ShadowSoldier AKA Captain Bravo

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Based on previous installations, i believe GT5 will include:

+ around 600-700 cars (GT4 features 721 cars from 80 manufacturers)
+ around 90 tracks (GT4 features 51)
+ millions of options in tuning/adjusting
+ arcade/GT mode/online
+ challenges/licences/online rankings

Sorry for saying this, but its retarded to say that GT games have only pretty graphics and nothing else. Actually the graphics its only a small plus. Finaly i would like to add that anyone that played GT5p with the GT forcefeedback or a good racing wheel knows that GT5p its the closest you can get to a real car behaviour (though its not there yet). Now I expect GT5 to top that.

i am including a small quote from the Wiki page of GT4:

Qualifications as simulator

The Gran Turismo series has been modeled on a realistic racing experience. 500 to 700 parameters define the driving characteristics of the car physics model.[citation needed] According to the developers, a professional driver was invited to set times using the same car on the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit, and the GT4 lap times were within 2% of the real life equivalent.[citation needed]

Jeremy Clarkson, host of the Top Gear television program, performed a head-to-head test of real life versus GT4 on an episode of the program. He ran Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in real life in an Honda NSX for a lap time of 1:57. His GT4 lap time was 1:41:148.[24]

Clarkson also had to be shown by a race driving instructor where the line was between the game and reality. He pointed out that adjusting one's braking mid-turn in a real car could cause loss of control, and also mentioned that in the game, he is compelled to take bigger risks than he would in real life, and that in the game, the car did not suffer from brake fade.

Despite the apparent discrepancies, in a column for The Sunday Times, Clarkson had this to say about GT4:

“ I called Sony and asked it to send me a game chip already loaded with the 700 computer cars. And I am in a position to test out its claims because, unlike most people, I really have driven almost all of them in real life.
There are mistakes. The BMW M3 CSL, for instance, brakes much better on the road than it does on the screen. And there’s no way a Peugeot 106 could outdrag a Fiat Punto off the line. But other than this, I’m struggling: they’ve even managed to accurately reflect the differences between a Mercedes SL 600 and the Mercedes SL 55, which is hard enough to do in real life.

There’s more, too. If you take a banked curve in the Bentley Le Mans car flat out, you’ll be fine. If you back off, even a little bit, you lose the aerodynamic grip and end up spinning.

That’s how it is. This game would only be more real if a big spike shot out of the screen and skewered your head every time you crashed. In fact that’s the only real drawback: that you can hit the barriers hard without ever damaging you or your car. Maybe they’re saving that for GT5. Perhaps it’ll be called Death or Glory.[25]

Karl Brauer of edmunds.com performed a similar test, also at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in which he and two others - professional race driver AJ Allmendinger, and IGN "gaming editor extraordinaire" Justin Kaehler - set times in GT4 and real life in a variety of cars. Brauer's best time in a Ford GT in the game was 1:38, and his best time on the real track was 1:52. In the four vehicles the trio tested, none was able to duplicate his game times on the real track.[26][27] Brauer suggested the main differences between the game and reality:

“ Which brings up the single biggest difference between reality and virtual reality — consequences. A mistake on Gran Turismo 4 costs me nothing more than a bad lap time. A mistake with a real exotic car on a real racetrack is... a bit more costly.
The other major difference between virtual racing and the real thing is feedback from the car — or an almost total lack thereof. Yes, the force feedback steering wheel does its best to let you know when you're veering off the track, or sliding the rear end, but none of this comes close to the kind of information you get while driving a real vehicle. And in a car like the Ford GT, that's vital information.[28]

Forza has better online and customisation features. That's not what I want from my racing sim, though.

GT is made by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. The cars and tracks have been so accurately and lovingly modeled. The engine sounds and the handling are absolutely spot on. There's an unrivaled sense of reward when you purchase a car you've been saving up for.

The cars in Forza aren't sexy. At all. They've really failed to capture the beauty in these machines. It's like, I'm driving a Koenigsegg, but who gives a shit? Everything is so dull and soulless.

That really kills the game for me.

Around the Network
twingo said:
Onyxmeth said:

It lookes inferior.

I just told you I don't like either game, and my opening post was me claiming to be as clueless as the majority of everybody else in this thread. Where did you get the impression I might be or am trying to claim to be a "car guy" out of those two comments? My point wasn't to prove one game superior to the other, but to show GT fan laziness in actually explaining their points. While I commend that you actually were able to add some depth to your original argument, my comment were for the many people like me that know very little about the real life 200MPH+ racing that sim racers try to copy, but that they still say the same tag lines without knowing what they're talking about. Let help sell my point, the OP asked for a real argument from GT fans why it was leagues above Forza and the most popular answer he got was "because it is". I couldn't figure out a lazier answer if I tried.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Forza has better online and customisation features. That's not what I want from my racing sim, though.

GT is made by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. The cars and tracks have been so accurately and lovingly modeled. The engine sounds and the handling are absolutely spot on. There's an unrivaled sense of reward when you purchase a car you've been saving up for.

The cars in Forza aren't sexy. At all. They've really failed to capture the beauty in these machines. It's like, I'm driving a Koenigsegg, but who gives a shit? Everything is so dull and soulless.

That really kills the game for me.

QFT

GT is automotive heaven for auto enthusiasts, forza is just a game.

GT just have a better feel to it. Just like GTA have a better feel to it than Saints Row to me.

Onyxmeth said:

I've never noticed a large difference in either series, but at the same time, I'm as clueless as 99% of this thread and both sets of fans are about which has the more realistic driving, so my opinion, and most others are worthless in that way. While I noticed a few people could name one or so reasons to side firmly behind one or the other, I'm sure almost no one could actually go in depth on their points and explain why one is better than the other, because they are completely ignorant to the science behind both titles and what goes into them.

Like say for instance, your point is "one handles better than the other". What do you really know about high performance car handling at 200MPH to say anything on the subject and know what you're saying is correct? The only person here that may have some real life claim to know what he's talking about is tarheel, but I'm fairly sure almost everyone else in this thread is merely speaking taglines and knows very little to nothing about the real life counterpart to these games to give any informed opinion on even something as important as handling.

Haha, I haven't touched 200mph  (my car can only do 148, and I've only touched 125ish), but very few cars can.  I do admit, though, that my reason for finding GT better is very hard to explain.  It's very hard to put into words how a car feels and what it should do.  It, obviously, goes far beyond turning when you turn and breaking when you brake.  The way the car reacts to your input, the way it interacts with the road, etc. is much closer to reality in GT than in Forza.

Edit: I'm not saying Forza is bad by any means.  It's a great series.  I just find GT better.

What is it tarheel91 does that makes him more knowledgeable about driving at high speeds? Are you some kind of race driver (not being rude, just curious)?
125 mp/h, that's around 200 km/h and not a whole lot imo (as you say yourself).
Regardless, I don't think anyone of us have much say when it comes to realism in race driving!