By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 to 360 really a big deal?

I thought i would make a thread asking PS3 owners (like myself) if the rumoured move of MGS4 to the 360 is really that big of a deal?

I mean the game has sold almost 4 million on the PS3 in the past year (more than that as some people believe) and by the amount of sales being tracked at the moment, it is unlikely to get much higher, and thus no more profit for the development for the next game from Kojima.

I personally think that it would be a good thing for the game to head to the 360 since it would allow more people to play the genius game that is MGS4 and also allow Konami to make more profit on the game and shunt this into the development of the inevitable future MGS5...

People keep saying that Mulitplatform is the future, and this is looking more and more true. Soon the only BIG exclusive games will be from 1st and 2nd party studios and this is just the way it needs to be with the costs of game development as the years go on.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Around the Network

It is not a big deal for at least me. :P I bet it will be a bigger deal for some ps3-fans.

About profit you're not right, since microsoft must've paid a lot for the game.

But war... war never changes

MGS4 is over and Done....Why would a port still be a secret?

i personally couldn't care less about MGS4 but I am in favor of exclusives as they provide some sort of distinction between the systems.

i mean really, don't you think there would be just as many upset 360 fans if mass effect lost exclusivity?

Around the Network

I don't think its a big deal personally but the endless threads on this very topic say otherwise.

kitler53 said:
i personally couldn't care less about MGS4 but I am in favor of exclusives as they provide some sort of distinction between the systems.

i mean really, don't you think there would be just as many upset 360 fans if mass effect lost exclusivity?

Yeah i know what you mean, i was the same way when FFXIII was announced to be on the 360 last E3... It does seem like MS can't just get their own games anymore, they need to steal them from the other consoles! Makes me glad that Sony has such a large 1st and 2nd party division

I wonder if ME2 will make it to the PS3... Playing through the first one at the moment (on as off as i quickly get sick of the 360 controller as the D-pad is worse than awful) but it is a good game for the most part!

When it happens I think it'll only be a big deal to fanboys on internet forums. And nowhere near as much as the FF13 announcement.

This would be a huge blow to Sony, we cant sugar coat it. And it would mean MGS5 to the 360 for sure

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Actually, I like Kitler's point. MGS4, along with Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are my only PS3 exclusives. Aside from them (the only games I really wanted), the games I wanted on the PS3 are virtually interchangeable with the 360 library. The PS3 loses even more individuality if it loses this game.