By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 to 360 really a big deal?

its a big deal because it's THE game for PS3. if it goes to the 360, ill wonder why i spent 200+ dollars for a ps3 instead of a 360, cause all the other games i have are on the 360 already... atleast i get free online. i guess itd even out at some point, anyway

Around the Network

Well, there's been like ten threads on the subject recently, so apparently yes.

I already have MGS4, but my PS3 had an unfortunate end, so a 360 version would be welcomed.

It's not strategically advantageous since it didn't really move many PS3's, so it won't move any 360s nor is there any technical advantages to having it go multi as the technology is quite dated compared to other games out there.

It's really about defining console games, take MGS4 away and the PS3's biggest selling exclusives are Resistance and Motorstorm....which frankly would be embaressing. The PS3 has a big enemy in redundancy, multi-platform games are better on 360 and PS3 doesn't really have any other blockbusters.

Take away Halo 3, Gears 2 and Forza 2 and make all it's multiplatform games better on PS3, what would 360 be then but a glorified Fable 2 box?

d21lewis said:
Actually, I like Kitler's point. MGS4, along with Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are my only PS3 exclusives. Aside from them (the only games I really wanted), the games I wanted on the PS3 are virtually interchangeable with the 360 library. The PS3 loses even more individuality if it loses this game.

horray! i'm winning!

...and i can understand not having R&C.  I really think you should reconsider and get valkyria chronicles.  But no LBP?!?! for shame!

Around the Network

MGS4 on the 360 is like Bioshock on the PS3. It is too late to the game to really be relevant. I would say it would also be like doing the original Mass Effect on the PS3 also. Again, too late to the game to be relevant.

I'm sure for XBox users it would go both ways some will rejoice and some it doesn't matter that much. i would end up getting it at some point but its just 1 game out of a long list to be played.

Yep, i'm a girl

lots of threads about it = big deal

One reason it would be a big deal is this:

PS3 fans have been telling us for a year that there is a large cohort of MGS fans that desperately want to play MGS4, but cant afford a PS3, who would buy the system at a lower price.

If this is true, then a release before at least $100 is knocked off the PS3's price could damage future PS3 sales.

Personally I haven't picked the game up for PS3 yet, and may never pick it up for either system. So I don't really care.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

To fanboys on either side it would be a big deal. They like to count exclusives and AAA games. If MGS4 does go multi, here will be threads like "There is now no reason to own a PS3" or "Time to sell my PS3"

To everyone else, not a big deal. Sales of MGS4 have died down, and it is not selling systems anymore. Anyone who would buy a console just to play this game, already has done so. Konami might as well get as much money out of it as possible.