By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 vs 100 Live Canadian Beta Impressions

coolbeans said:
NightstrikerX said:
coolbeans said:
So this is being released May 31st or that's just when prizes start coming to the beta?

Season 1 begins May 31st. So it's acceptable to believe that it'll be released on that day as well.

Ahhh okay cool, I expect we'll just get an update on XBL when we sign in? or do we have to just grab it off marketplace (even though it's free)?

NXE gets a new channel called the "Prime Time Channel." Currently it's located in both Spotlight and Game Marketplace. Entering this Channel shows a list of upcoming shows, what time it is and what time the show begins. It also allows you to set reminders for the shows. From what I can tell you can't grab this off the marketplace, it starts downloading once you try playing it for the first time. That may be a beta thing only though.

It also cannot be played like regular games, since it's a prime-time game you can only play during the scheduled playtimes.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

@nightstriker

Yeah, it definitely looks like they took the time to make it fair. Also, as far as I know, there is only going to be one lobby per country that this is being offered. I say that because they only have one host signed up for the live shows per country. I can see this being a problem if they have a limited number of slots.

I have played most of the beta time... I think they did a really good take on the 1 vs. 100 show (even though I have never watched it).

It seems fair and it seems like there was a lot of thought put into making it balanced and accessible. Last night I played with my big button controller from Scene It!... I like that more then the standard controller.

At one point there was about 17,000 people online playing. I thought that was really cool...

I added screen shots of my experience on the original post. Those who have played may remember a good deal of this happening. Those who haven't, it's a good way to check out the internal workings.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

I played it and really liked it. The extended play was difficult because all they asked were Canadian questions, and I don't live in Canada.

Around the Network

Isn't this supposed to come out the 15th in the US?! Or was it postponed?

Its definitely something to look forward to. I went from being a skeptic to a fan. At one point the host said that on Friday over 1000 people got to play as the mob. Seems like a lot of opportunities for people to get a chance to play.

I was also watching a live stream while I was playing and it seems like each players game is instanced. Although the the host is the same as well as the One, all the crowd shots are unique to the player. Your avatar is always the guy on the left below the big screen. Jen's dialog is slightly different as well. Seems the game is mostly playing on your 360 with the hosts voice being piped in from time to time.

It was a lot of fun, but I hated when people walked away with the money, as no prizes are being given away anyways..... I wanted more questions!

When the actual game launches I'll expect it to be much smootherl. The breaks were annoying. On Friday they had actual commercials although the Laptop Hunters got old. :(

This sounds really cool. It is probably the most innovative use of Live that I have heard about.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)