By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata comments on third party Wii titles,promises strong software to come

Iwata comments on third party Wii titles, promises strong software to come

May 12th, 2009

When we look at the situation of Wii in Japan, we cannot say that the mechanism which worked on DS is working on Wii. Two years after its launch in Japan, in the latter half of the previous fiscal year, we were not able to largely increase the ratio of third party publishers sales in Japan.

However in Japan, the much-anticipated Monster Hunter Tri will be launched in the coming summer. Several new strong Wii titles are expected to follow. We recognize that this is an important, challenging time for us. We will challenge to increase the presence of third party titles on Wii. - Satoru Iwata

Link

Around the Network

Hmm. I wonder if he means in Japan or outside. Because in Japan, it's starting to shape up with Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X both being pretty high-profile titles heading to the system.

The way I see things, Monster Hunter Tri and Dragon Quest X are the only for-sure hardware sellers the Wii has left in Japan. I hope I'm wrong.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
The way I see things, Monster Hunter Tri and Dragon Quest X are the only for-sure hardware sellers the Wii has left in Japan. I hope I'm wrong.

Depends on what you mean by moving hardware. I'm sure games like Arc Rise Fantasia will give a bump (of about ~3k at most), but Monster Hunter Tri and Dragon Quest X will most likely give a bump of atleast 20k.

Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, Dragon Quest X, Dynasty Warriors 3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronichles: The Crystal Bearers. Yeah, I think he is right, but we all know how the Wii needs a serious boost from Nintendo itself.

Around the Network

I hope it works out, but a big title from Nintendo would help out a lot.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

^^ Just 20k??? More like 100k!

routsounmanman said:
^^ Just 20k??? More like 100k!

Trying to keep myself conservative :)

20k for the first week, yes, but it'll ultimately end up influencing many thousands more than that in the end.

Per game.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Dynasty warriors on Wii? I never heard it was coming :S