By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata comments on third party Wii titles,promises strong software to come

Damn i posted this days ago and got no responses, hmmm.

Also included the link to the entire financial report that he presented and its a great read. All about the different research into new/old/lapsed gamers that they do in japan and the us.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=71891

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Time for a PRICE CUT : more money to buy 3rd party games...

Cant believe Nintendo leaves it's Wii having such bad sells without any reaction (Bundles, colors ??????) EVEN with Monster Hunter 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Everytime I read an interview with Iwata, I'm impressed by his frank and honest way. He doesn't talk the usual boring PR bullshit.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ElRhodeo said:
Everytime I read an interview with Iwata, I'm impressed by his frank and honest way. He doesn't talk the usual boring PR bullshit.

That remark reminded me of Yokoi Gunpei-san, the father of Game Boy (will always be remembered).

Anyway, it's good to see that Nintendo notice this was not going to get better(and might not stop either). Now we have both sides that aknowledge(3rd-parties and Nintendo) the situation at hand and are actually willing to do something about it!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!