By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I need some DS games to play

Anyone have some reccomendations for some RPGs for the DS? I haven't bought many games in the past few months and compared to my other handhelds my DS has the least games. So any thoughts?

Around the Network

I See you never had Chrono Trigger (SNES) and there's a port for it on DS so...

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Chrono Trigger, without a doubt !

Any Pokemon game.

I see no Advance Wars on your profile. Both Dual Strike and Dark Conflict are worth getting, probably in that order.

Around the Network

Yeah I really should get Chrono Trigger since there's a port and there's no excuse I shouldn't get it. I plan on getting Pokemon Platinum at a later date, and I'll look into Advance Wars, Dual Strike and Dark Conflict.

Well after looking at your games collection i must recommend Final Fantasy 3 and 4 and Tactics A2. You may also want to look into Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and the Advance Wars games may pique your interest as Soleron suggested. You've got Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, if you liked it you may want to take a shot at The World Ends With You, which also heavily uses the touch screen.

I must also stress the recommendation of the Dragon Quest games, they're both very good. Castlevania is worth a go as well, they're not full on RPG's but better than most on the DS. And you might like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, you may be able to complete it in time to get hyped for the upcoming Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!!

How technical is your game?

If you are into strategy games, then yes get Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. If not, then don't.

In my opinion

Advance Wars: Dual Strike > Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon > Advance Wars: Days of ruin

However, you can't go wrong with any of them and it really just matters what type of game you are looking for.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The World Ends With You is sweet too. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Then you'll fall in love with it, and you should get Phoenix Wright 2: Justice For All. And then Phoenix Wright 3: Trials & Tribulations. And then Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Seriously, this series is incredible.