By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mrs. California Vs Obama

akuma587 said:
Capitalism is all about exploiting people and situations...and I am not saying that sarcastically or even necessarily in a critical way.

I find it pretty strange that you are criticizing people for expressing themselves about what she said though. There speech is just as protected as hers is. People are more than entitled to express their opinions about what she said. Freedom isn't free. Some people get trampled in the process or are not happy about the result. That's how it works. Don't like it, get a constitutional amendment.

We began with you saying that she benefited from what was going on.

I disagreed.

I added my opinion that I do not care what her opinion is/ we both agreed.

We both agreed in free speech.

I use mine:

Here is the fault. Sure we have freedom of speech but how long do we get to beat down a person who thinks differently than you do? Milliions of people beating up on a girl? Releasing pictures of her in lingerie and then claiming and claiming that she should be disqualified because of it?

Now why is it necessary to grind the girl through the dirt.

Where does freedom infringe on harrassment?

What I see is like a "hate crime" It's just that the only goup she belongs too is one.

Around the Network

I honestly think you are blowing this out of proportion how much she has been hurt by this. People are throwing piles of money at her. Like this for instance:

And, frankly, if you make yourself accessible through a public forum viewed by as many people as a Miss America pageant, you better be ready for some kind of criticism if something goes wrong. If she would have fallen on her ass on stage in a funny way, you can guarantee it would have been up on Youtube.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Hey for the record. Chris Matthews pointed out yesterday that Barak Obama has the same view on gay marriage as Miss California. It was as an aside and a lead in to the fact that they did a whole story on Sarah Palin backing the girl up...

but hey someone mentioned it.