By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mrs. California Vs Obama

So I came across an article this morning about Donald Trump standing up for Mrs. California. He brought up a good point.

Mrs. California and Obama have the exact same stance on Gay Marriage. Both believe it’s between a man and a woman.

Why does she get so much shit for it (someone with no political power), and one of the most powerful people in the world get’s a free ride?

Around the Network

Because freedom of speech only applies to liberal, radical views. I thought everyone learned that in school?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

TheRealMafoo said:

So I came across an article this morning about Donald Trump standing up for Mrs. California. He brought up a good point.

Mrs. California and Obama have the exact same stance on Gay Marriage. Both believe it’s between a man and a woman.

Why does she get so much shit for it (someone with no political power), and one of the most powerful people in the world get’s a free ride?

I laughed at this. I know what you mean though. It is bullshit, and I don't really see the whole concern - she's a beauty queen! Should we ask her what she thinks how sectarian violence could be ended? Besides "people" talked about her getting her crown removed because she doesn't supposedly represent California with her views. Obviously she does because California voted to ban gay marriage in November... I thought pageants were somewhat irrelevant at this point, but I guess they are an easy target to mock (remember the lack of flags chick).

I think we have much deeper issues than gay marriage, particularly evidenced by this incessant need to inflate every little comment into a controversy.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of beauty queens with different views on a variety of issues.

There's only one Obama.

Hopefully that helps you to answer your question.

So is this going to be the new Ubisoft boycott? By that I mean this subject will be brought up more by the people attacking the people attacking the viewpoint that it ever was by the people who attacked it in the first place (rereads that...yep).

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network

Interesting.But I think in about 20 years gay marriage will be something acceptable.

She has gotten so much press coverage and so much financial benefit from this "scandal" that it isn't even funny. If anyone thinks she is a victim here, especially considering she wasn't even winning the competition by the time the question was asked, you are fooling yourself. Can you even tell me who actually won the competition? She has benefited from this to an exponential degree.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Perez Hilton is a complete twat.

akuma587 said:
She has gotten so much press coverage and so much financial benefit from this "scandal" that it isn't even funny. If anyone thinks she is a victim here, especially considering she wasn't even winning the competition by the time the question was asked, you are fooling yourself. Can you even tell me who actually won the competition? She has benefited from this to an exponential degree.

That’s not the point, and I don’t really care about her, or the particular issue.

I care that Obama and someone else have the exact same stance on something, and no one seems to care that Obama has this stance, yet they want to run the other person out of town for it.

It’s the issue I have more than anything with this last election. You want to elect a liberal to run the country, fine. Elect Hillary. She, in every category conceivable had more experience, knowledge, and judgment then Obama… yet no one seemed to care. “It’s Obama, and we love him regardless” seemed to be the message of the election.

Oh, and for those that have never seen it, here is the Obama video.

TheRealMafoo said:
akuma587 said:

That’s not the point, and I don’t really care about her, or the particular issue.

I care that Obama and someone else have the exact same stance on something, and no one seems to care that Obama has this stance, yet they want to run the other person out of town for it.

It’s the issue I have more than anything with this last election. You want to elect a liberal to run the country, fine. Elect Hillary. She, in every category conceivable had more experience, knowledge, and judgment then Obama… yet no one seemed to care. “It’s Obama, and we love him regardless” seemed to be the message of the election.

Oh, and for those that have never seen it, here is the Obama video.

Dude, I know you disagree about Obama's policies on the financial market, and possibly other areas, but please...drop it before you like a typical player hater.

No one talking about Obama's stance on gay marriage. Ooooohhhh...whoop-de-fucking-doo. I have heard all the reasons...the media goes ga-ga over Obama, Obama is a dictator-in-training, Obama this, Obama that....it really is quite pathetic. Just take all the fanboy rant from either Sony, Microsoft and/or Nintendo's camp and it doesn't even equal to the bullshit put on this.

Until Obama's policies actually harm and/or kill people for questionable reasons, any whining right now is just that...whining.

And to give you a simple reason as to why she is being blamed and not Obama? Miss California is an easier target to take down, plain and simple.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)