By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we finally lay this to rest please?

you do know that counting exclusives leaves out a large portion of the buying trends of the console owners.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Never. Shooterbox!

Uhm... Uncharted a shooter? Then Tomb Raider is also a shooter? :-/

And Ratchet a shooter?

Sorry, but that's just laughable...

Ratchet is a shooter?

Edit: And Uncharted would be action/adventure.

I'm not saying anything. I just think your analysis is wrong by excluding multi-platform games. I don't care what the outcome is either way, as the Wii is the ultimate multi-genre system

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

"Ratchet--FPS"

Is this referring to Ratchet & Clank?

If it is, BIG fail -_-

-Edit-

I see you´ve fixed it, disregard my post.

Besides, the argument still stands if you look at the sales numbers:

20 million sales for three shooters (only looking at halo - gears 1 / 2)

and (generously) 14 million for the ones on the PS3.

In any case: Don't care whether they call it the shooterbox (even though a lot of 360 fans also enjoy it because of its shooters).

I think you're doing it wrong , what you should have done is taken all the sales of all the games exclusive or not, categorize them into thier respective genres adding thier sales, and then divide each figure by the number of consoles sold.

Tedious I know, but your current analysis give all games equal weights, so it doesn't show for example the fact that roughly 1 out of 3 360 owners has a copy of halo3.

It's not the number games, it's the attach rate of each genre that counts.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

I would call mgs4 stealth action and not a shooter. You can if you so choose play the entire game wherein you only shoot at the bosses. You don't even have to kill them as you can just put them to sleep.

@ kowen: I know, but that's a possible "view" that people may have for the "shooterbox"-thing.

Combine that with the fact that Halo and Gears are (arguably) the biggest names on the 360. No matter what huge number of titles comes out, those two will stand out most, resulting in shooterbox-references.

You won't be able to change that (as it has some basic truth in it).

It's the same with the PS3. It's easy to point to their exclusives and say they usually underperform (in reality: they sell okay, but compared to other games and expectations, they are indeed underperforming).

Nintendo has the pokémon / mario image and that will always stick, no matter how Duke Nukem-ish they might portray mario from now on.