By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flop or not: Formula 1 2009 on the Wii

Notice where this game is not going -- where the F1 cars don't go any more -- North America.

Also, given the crisis that F1 is going through, this could be the last year for the complete grid. So I would think the sooner the better to buy it.

As for the Wii version, I found this at http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/74706

In-depth race simulators are rare on the Wii and the format does not lend itself easily to the concept, but Codemasters is convinced it can deliver promising 'new standards for immersion and authenticity' including a full season, individual arcade-style challenges and a multi-player format.

But how it will look and control is anyone's guess.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Hmmm, re-reading that again the PSP version also doesn't mention online, merely wireless multiplayer. (can PSPs connect wirelessly for multiplayer like DS does?) but also the HD version is only expected to have online, it has not been confirmed... and while it is still obviously going to have online the lack of confirmation means to me there could arguably be online in the Wii/PSP versions because it hasn't been confirmed to NOT have them (if you get what I mean)

Still, either way doesn't bother me in this instance.

Ummm...I don´t really care,but since it is a Wii game I hope it does good.

Assuming it turns out to be decent- first day on Wii for me. Love F1 and if it is anything close to F1 2002 by EA on PS2, it will rock my world (anyone remember that before Studio Liverpool ruined F1 games?)

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

I thought that Formula One was exclusive to Sony.

Around the Network

formula 1 will flop no matter what console its on.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

*sigh*
Formula 1 is not a game that flops. It will be a game that doesnt sell well.

Too Human is flop.

Flop = hype,money,advertisement.

Not a niche racing title that people dont care about that didnt sell.

Wiped said:
...Love F1 and if it is anything close to F1 2002 by EA on PS2, it will rock my world (anyone remember that before Studio Liverpool ruined F1 games?)

I never liked the Formula 1 games by EA. In my opinion the driving just never felt as real as in the Grand Prix Series by Microprose or as in F1 Racing Simulation from Ubisoft back in 1997 (anyone remeber the latter?). That is my biggest complain about the current racing games. They aren't real simulations anymore...damn, how I wish for a new Grand Prix Legends featuring the late 80ies.