By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flop or not: Formula 1 2009 on the Wii

you can't say F1 has done good like it always has, because it has only been on Sony platforms since 2002. We don't know how well it will do on X360 or PC.

either way, I think they should all get decent sales due to year exclusivity for each one.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
you can't say F1 has done good like it always has, because it has only been on Sony platforms since 2002. We don't know how well it will do on X360 or PC.

either way, I think they should all get decent sales due to year exclusivity for each one.

Modifications for GP on the pc have been doing excellent so far, and those serve as a fair indication for things to come. Not a 100% fair indication, but it shows potential. Other Codemasters titles have also been doing great on 360 and PC. Think of titles as dtm race driver (on pc, and the first xbox, PS2), Dirt and so on.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Formula 1 on ps3 sold 430k copies and wii game should do much better considering most F1 fans are mostly casuals and older part of gamers. also it will be the only serious racer for the wii(except Dirt 2 and Nitro) in a long time so core gamers will buy it as well and until we get another racer, F12009 will be still selling - of course as long as they will make copies months after its release.

besides most good racing games sold quite well so far on the wii cause all of the have really long legs - so while it won't have great opening it will sell very well over time.

I think it will do well enough to warrant a sequel :P F-1 is a well-known "brand" and as nordlead said, every platform except Sony ones haven't seen a game in ages. and even the GP/r-Factor mods have a restricted userbase.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:

I think it will do well enough to warrant a sequel :P F-1 is a well-known "brand" and as nordlead said, every platform except Sony ones haven't seen a game in ages. and even the GP/r-Factor mods have a restricted userbase.

F1 probably won't even be around long enough for a sequel.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
salaminizer said:

haha good point

but the budget that FIA wants to impose is too low IMO

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:
Kasz216 said:
salaminizer said:

haha good point

Tell me about it. The cars already look stupid enough with the OVER SIZED front , and the MINI SIZED BACK. F1 cars peaked in 2003 in there looks and design.

Next we will find out they want to make them V6 haha. I mean it is bad enough they are V8 now.

Some of Mario kart owners are fans of all kinds of racers, so i think this game can do reasonably well (500k ww?). But i don't know, i see too many arcade racers (more similar to mario kart) floping. And the fact that the wii doesn't have simulators can be a point in favour for this one cof *like when people say the Conduit will be a sucess because of the lack of FPS*cof

ps: some of those "all kinds of racers" fans have their simulators on the xbox360/Ps3/pc.

Cobretti2 said:
salaminizer said:
Kasz216 said:
salaminizer said:

haha good point

Tell me about it. The cars already look stupid enough with the OVER SIZED front , and the MINI SIZED BACK. F1 cars peaked in 2003 in there looks and design.

Next we will find out they want to make them V6 haha. I mean it is bad enough they are V8 now.

In my opinion the best looking cars could be seen in the early nineties. There were never cars afterwards that looked nearly as good as the Williams FW14...

...and the McLaren MP4/6 from 1991...

...simply beautiful

Riot said:

In my opinion the best looking cars could be seen in the early nineties. There were never cars afterwards that looked nearly as good as the Williams FW14...

...and the McLaren MP4/6 from 1991...

...simply beautiful

Well, for me the best looking car ever was from 2004, the look of the McLaren MP4/19 can't be topped, it's so damned beautiful. Pity the car sucked, it was slow and it broke in every race