By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A bit on the front page numbers

Diomedes..360 is over 5.0 million in just the USA I think...Even if it isn't, with February and part of March it certaintly is over 5 million in the US. But I think it was 5.2 in the USA via NPD through January...So probably 5.5 for North America..and then you add another 350k for Feb... Alcarist..I see the Wii getting within 1 million to 1.5 million of 360..before it has a price cut..at which point the range apart roughly stabilizes, even as Wii inevtiably drops in price.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I think that Halo 3 will boost sales but not by that much, think about how many people are going to buy the 360 just for Halo 3? Aren't those the same people that would have already got the 360 for Gears of War? I know alot of people wait for either Mario or Smash Bros. before they go look for a Wii so I think Wii sales will be higher this holiday.

So it all boils down to this, Are there more people waiting for Halo 3 to get a 360? OR Are there more people waiting on Mario and Smash Bros to get a Wii? because if the sales trend keeps going like it is the 360 won't be that far in front of the Wii when these games are released.

TheSource said: Diomedes..360 is over 5.0 million in just the USA I think...Even if it isn't, with February and part of March it certaintly is over 5 million in the US. But I think it was 5.2 in the USA via NPD through January...So probably 5.5 for North America..and then you add another 350k for Feb... Alcarist..I see the Wii getting within 1 million to 1.5 million of 360..before it has a price cut..at which point the range apart roughly stabilizes, even as Wii inevtiably drops in price.
After NPD it was 4.8 million end january in US .They provided the Canada data also and wasnt as high as to add a 10% more as this site frontpage consistantly does .The only data we can add to that is the february one ,and it cant be 350K as you put as february had 4 weeks instead of the 5 of january and sales should reduce a 20% and not increase a 20% as 350K would imply .

360 has two opportunities to help boost there numbers that Wii doesn't 1) New 360 coming with HDMI and bigger HD (The black 360) 2) Price Cut These options are not in the Wii's imminent future. So everyone can keep saying that the Wii will take over the 360 this year, but it probably won't happen!! Edit: funny thing - I've seemed to have forgotten the reason why I wanted to post here.. it was to say that, whats been happening the last couple months is that the 360 gets a boost when official numbers come out and the other two are "adjusted" for the overinflated numbers.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

gebx said: 360 has two opportunities to help boost there numbers that Wii doesn't 1) New 360 coming with HDMI and bigger HD (The black 360) 2) Price Cut These options are not in the Wii's imminent future. .
1) If you mean the idea of an updated Wii being released, yes, Nintendo does have that option. Infact rumours already haunt the net as to when it's coming and what it will be like 2) Actually, the Wii could probably have a price cut tomorrow if Nintendo wanted. The system already sells for a profit despite coming with a game. Not only could Nintendo cut it's price, but they could even just remove Wiisports in NA and sell it seperately. Suddenly there's a 200 dollar Wii out there. Of course, the way the Wii is selling, Nintendo has no reason to cut the price.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

No real comment, the only thing I am interested in is the PS3's dominance....and the market share %'s were barely different from last month's.

The numbers really are close enough to reality. Look at this way, by all acounts Nintendo will be +/- 250,000 of their sales expectation of 6 million. M-Create is 1.73 million through the 5th of March, NPD is 1.515 (US only through Feb 3), and Europe was 800,000 through December 31. Three more weeks in Japan is 150,000-225,000 more to the confirmed four million. Europe is as a bare bare minimum 300,000 for three months in 2007. That's 4.5. Now throw in Patcher's expected 350,000 for the US in February. 4.85 million. Add in 300,000 to 400,000 for March (take a look at online retailers, still mostly sold out). Now, add in the rest of the Americas...at say 300,000 for Nov 19 2006, to March 31 2007. That's 5.5 million. I really doubt the Euro sales are 100,000 a month though. I think they are at least 100,000 to potentially 250,000 higher per month in 2007 in Europe. That would add upto 5.8 to 6.25 million. Sony should be at around 850,000 sold in Japan by March 31. They will probably be at 1.2 million through the end of the month in just the USA. Call it 1.35 million for the Americas. Add in 500,000 to 800,000 for Europe through March 31 (depending on how those who preordered the thing react to the price). So I have Sony at 2.7 to 3 million sold through the 31st of March. Shipments are at 4.5 million. For Microsoft, you work backwards. They have said they expect around 12 million sold by March 31. Probably 5.5 million sold through January (North America), 300k in Japan, 2.2 million in Europe (through 2006). Add in 1.2 million to 1.5 million to North America for Feb-June. Add .8 to 1.2 million for Europe for 6 months...and 125,000 for Japan...10.5-11.5 million sold seems reasonable...since 360 gets most sales from USA, and NPD lags, it usually is under-represented on this website..but that is not bias so much as lack of hard evidence.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

ioi said: Gentlemen, seriously. 360 sales are not under-reported on this site. Look at the European totals page for 2006 sales in Europe - you have NA and Japan sales, Australia sales are mentioned in these forums and the other regions account for less than 100k combined. There is just no way - as hard as we try and we do, since it seems to upset so many - of making it up to 10 million.... yet.
I don't think that the 360 is under-reported.. it just seems that whenever the NPD numbers come out that the PS3 and Wii get a slight "reduction" in sales on the front page and that the 360 gets a boost. But I blame PS3 Fanboys for subconsciously messaging the good people at VGcharts to lowball the 360 figures..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Diomedes1976 said: The data on the frontpage is not very reliable .I mean ,the X360 difference for NA start to approach dangerously the 1 million consoles compared to NPD data .The Wii is always overestimated (altough not by much ) .The only reliable data there is the PS3 and handhelds .
Why do you think the 360 and Wii are wrong on the front page but the PS3 is reliable? If you compare NPD and Media Create numbers to the front page you will see the PS3 is off by 478,017. The PS3 has sold 1,651,983 not 2,130,000. All 3 are wrong not just 360 and Wii.