By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Armin van Buuren: Wii loves trance ..... or else

Yes, Activision is going to release DJ Hero soon and Armin van Buuren his own game too.

Hilversum, 8th May 2009

and world famous DJ Armin van Buuren

will release a unique Wii game this autumn

Foreign Media Games, part of the Foreign Media Group, has formed a unique collaboration with Armin van Buuren. This fall, Armada Music, Cloud 9 Music and Foreign Media Games will release a Nintendo Wii game based on the best DJ in the world, Armin van Buuren. The game, ‘ARMIN VAN BUUREN - IN THE MIX’, allows players to experience for themselves what it is like to be a DJ like Armin, mixing electronic dance music and interacting with the audience.

The game will contain many of Armin van Buuren’s music masters and features artists he often works with. To make the experience complete, Armin will also include unique, never before released material in the Wii game. Players can use the available effects, loops and individual parts to mix music. Wii functionality will be optimally utilised to maximise the music mixing experience.

Armin van Buuren, awarded World's Best DJ for the second consecutive year, is proud to be the first DJ in the world to have his own Wii game. "I’ve been a huge games freak for years and I am, of course, a music fanatic. Music mixing technology has improved enormously over the past few years. You can do a lot more with your choice of records and the various effects, making it even more fun to mesmerise your audience, take them on a musical journey and let them party on. Now you can discover how great it is to mix your own music in your own living room! This game shows you how I work as a DJ, but you can use your own style. Perfect your skills and make your friends and family totally crazy about Dance and Trance."

‘ARMIN VAN BUUREN - IN THE MIX’ will be released internationally, this autumn, by Foreign Media Games. Michel van Elmpt, Director of Foreign Media Games commented, “We are very proud that we, as a Dutch publisher, have been able to establish this fantastic collaboration with one of the greatest music icons of recent times.”

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/armin-van-buuren---in-the-mix--best-dj-in-the-world--to-get-his-own-wii-game_4

Hooray ...... I think so... I don't know

Around the Network

Urgh. Trance. Urgh. Why? There are so many intelligent styles in electronic music, why trance?

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Armin van Buuren, yay!

If this game is any good, i'm definitely getting it. I could also see this being a system seller, if good.

Who is Armin van Buuren?

Just a dutch DJ who makes generic trance imo, although he has been chosen as the best DJ of the world like 3 times already.

Around the Network

If it is like the Fruity Loops program (FL Studio), I'd buy it quickly.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

This is a buy for me.....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Words Of Wisdom said:
Who is Armin van Buuren?

This.I don´t know him/her.

ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Who is Armin van Buuren?

This.I don´t know him/her.

lol who is Armin Van Buuren, hes been the top rated dj on djmag.com for two years straight and in the top 5 for 3 years before that as well. voted by trance fans around the world. Armin Van Buuren is pretty famous for having "Armin only" performances where he plays for 9 hours straight.

trance music may not be big over here in the states but overseas is where the trance scence is much bigger.

If you wanna know more of what Armin Van Buuren plays subscribe to his A State of Trance Podcast on iTunes.

"Best DJ of the world" is such a stupid title... what's a "best DJ"? True, the usual suspects always win those awards - van Buuren, Tiesto, Sasha, Paul van Dyk. http://www.thedjlist.com/
That only proves that Trance is a hugely popular genre (I'll never understand why), not that Trance DJs are any "better" than other DJs.

It's like a "Best Rock band" listing where all winners are country bands...

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)