By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Breaking news: Home delayed til spring 2008

That is not Sony's fault...

Around the Network

NVM - you made sense, GT...

your mother said:
GranTurismo said:
Sony is taking their time to bring the best products and games to the PS3, and that takes time, i would rather have a perfect product then a broken one.

Nintendo does this all the time, they take 3years to make games that take 12-16months. Its called QA.

If they take three years to make a game that should take less than half that time, and you attribute it to QA, then wouldn't that mean they could still make the same game in much less time, albeit without QA?

Wouldn't this appply to ANY developer?

Couldn't Sony just "come out" with God of War II in 12-16 months and just throw QA out the window? Of course they don't do that, because QA is an integral part of software development. So implying that Nintendo takes a long time developing games because of QA is a bad thing now?

What is your point, really, apart from taking cheap shots at Nintendo?

I think you took that completely the wrong way.  He isn't saying QA is a bad thing, he's saying that they actually care about the quality, though it's not QA that delays it and fixes the gameplay, that goes to the level/game designers.  QA just finds and reports bugs (though still incredibly important).

Look above - I fixed my post - GranTurismo made sense, I took it the wrong way, and I am owning up to it.

I hope they get it right .... its a pretty ambitious project.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I hope they get it right .... its a pretty ambitious project.

they are, its just taking time.

your mother said:

Look above - I fixed my post - GranTurismo made sense, I took it the wrong way, and I am owning up to it.

Thanks for the post fix your mother, i like the way Nintnedo puts so much effort into making their games top notch, with games like MP3, and soon to be galaxy at the top level of games for any system in terms of a great finished product. 

While games like HS/lair are under a more strict deadline for the game to come out, while games like FF, GT are allowed to take there time to make the best game on the system.

Look what happened to GTA4, it was coming out this october, but they scrwed up and are allowed to delay the game until the spring, while big games from Nintnedo would of just fixed the game up big time and brought it out in october08.

GranTurismo said:
your mother said:

Thanks for the post fix your mother, i like the way Nintnedo puts so much effort into making their games top notch, with games like MP3, and soon to be galaxy at the top level of games for any system in terms of a great finished product.

While games like HS/lair are under a more strict deadline for the game to come out, while games like FF, GT are allowed to take there time to make the best game on the system.

Look what happened to GTA4, it was coming out this october, but they scrwed up and are allowed to delay the game until the spring, while big games from Nintnedo would of just fixed the game up big time and brought it out in october08.

Hey, no problem, I was wrong; "to err is human, to forgive divine" - at least we both appreciate the extra effort ANY developer is willing to invest into a game in order for the game to reach its full potential.

Games that are rushed, as a norm, have more flaws (and by extension, points deducted for "cutting corners" in reviews) while games that are released "when it's ready" tend to rocket to the top of the charts. That is why I have no doubt UT3, GTV and GTAIV will be outstanding games once they are released - "when it's done". Look at what the extra time spent refining Metroid Prime: Corruption did for the game!

Arcturus said:
Out of everything reported so far, I knew you'd jump on this as soon as you could.

QFT

So what is the full list of things that are not coming in the 2007 holiday season?
-no Home
-no rumble controllers
-no price drop
-no LBP, Killzone, MGS, GTA, etc.

Are they at least including the new controllers with new PS3s?

If not, why would anyone (for example, ME) buy a PS3 before spring 2008??

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick