By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Gold/Silver Remake Screenshots!

SmokedHostage said:
Dgc1808 said:
I love all the Water Starters and 2 of the fire starters. The only Grass starter I really like is Chikorita, that's why I'll pick it on the first go... Hopefully I find some way to get a Totodile...

You have options.  You can get a Totodile in XD: Gale of Darkness and Emerald.  You can also breed the Croconaw you get in Colosseum with a Ditto in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Ditto is also found in Emerald after the Elite Four when you go to the underground (tunnel) route that links to the desert to obtain the other fossil that fell underground.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
sc94597 said:
MANUELF said:
Now, I´m seriously thinking about importing this from Japan.

That is what I'm doing, and recommend. Pokemon games have never been about the story, and even at that this is a remake so you should know what most people say.

I have never played the second generation of pokemon, I know that´s awful but I never had a GB or GBC.

That is awful. I'll be importing it too.

I hope you can play as Silver in this one, not just Gold and Crystal. Doubt it though.

(>'.')>

MANUELF said:
NES said:
Looks like D&P.

That´s good.

I was hoping for a bit better.

I think the houses look a bit better in the pictures. Not sure how good it can look, think it is as graphical as it can get using that graphical style.

Cyndaquil for me.

wfz said:
Oh my god. This goes beyond my expectations!

I am in love!

I wonder if you can choose which pokemon follows you...
or if it's just whoever you start with.

Either way... This. Is. Awesome!

If they do that...

GAME OF THE FOREVER

Around the Network

Darn you, Soriku. I was getting ready to post all of this.

SW-5120-1900-6153

SJGohan3972 said:
soulsamurai said:
Isn't this technically just the predecessor to platinum but with the same event sequences of gold and silver.

What?

this is a remake of Gold and Silver - looks like its running on the D/P/P platform with similar graphics but its newer than Platinum so I'm sure they will have spruced things up - kinda like R/S/E -> FR/LG

so it pretty much is just the next installment of pokemon with the same event sequences of gold and silver.... New game, old story, lets get some cash off the old game.

It's the same as any other pokemon pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I love pokemon, but this is just using Silver and Golds name to hopefully get a spike in the next installment of the series.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

OMG thats freaking awesome...

though why not have the pokemon follow you in FireRed/LeafGreen?

better late than never i guess :D

Hell yes gold and silver were probably my favorites out of them all :p

Looks awesome. Can't wait for leaked soundtrack as well.

--

Cyndaquil. I always choose the fire-type starter; the other powerful fire Pokemon don't appear until much later.

My original Crystal team:

Typhlosion
Suicune
Machoke
Alakazam
Celebi (Yes, legitimate)