By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2007 v 2008 v 2009 - YOY YTD The Big 3

PS3 is getting well beaten, but its at the higher price so its understandable.
Only Sony should be thinking about this though, Playstation gamers certainly aren't feeling the effects with many great multiplats and exclusives releasing for the system.

The 360 is doing great, it keeps rising year over year but this is likely to be its peak year. It still has a good software line-up although it could do with a few more exclusives (E3 will likely fix this).

The Wii is getting beaten by its previous years sales, pity its still miles ahead of everyone else

Around the Network

-12% isnt too bad for PS3. SONY can manage2009 without a price cut and hopefully make a profit by Q4.

It's not a very bad sign for the Wii, since that period of 2008 saw the release of Mario Kart Wii, and Nintendo dumped a huge amount of Wii stock in GTA4 release week.

It's pretty good for the 360, it means the price cut worked well.

It's not so bad for the PS3 either, but the last half of the year looks less promising than the Wii's... unless GT5 gets released this year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Only one console is having a good year? Looks to me like 360 and Wii are both enjoying a healthy year so far.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Only one console is having a good year? Looks to me like 360 and Wii are both enjoying a healthy year so far.

He means in comparison to 2008 (which btw is also what I meant in my post above).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Ah, I see... Though I can't really see a loss of less than 1% as bad, really. Especially not when the previous year was pretty much record-breaking.

Good year for M$

4 ≈ One

So the X360 sold 3.45 mill in the first four months of 2009, and the PS3 sold 3.0 mill.

That's just a 450,000 difference, or rufly 15%. Not much. The PS3 is doing fine considering it hasn't got a price drop since the same four months in 2008, while the X360 price has been dropped twice in the EU (and once in NA).

Luckily it seems like Sony can only afford to cut the PS3 price by $50 in 2009 (if that), because a $299 PS3 would probably crush the X360.

I admit that 2009 has started great for the X360 though, and there's a decent chance to come 2nd in this gen even if it's going to be a very tuff battle.

Wow PS3 Was ahead about 1 million to 360 last year and 360 only ahead 500k this year despite price difference!!Well done!

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Slimebeast said:
So the X360 sold 3.45 mill in the first four months of 2009, and the PS3 sold 3.0 mill.

That's just a 450,000 difference, or rufly 15%. Not much. The PS3 is doing fine considering it hasn't got a price drop since the same four months in 2008, while the X360 price has been dropped twice in the EU (and once in NA).

Luckily it seems like Sony can only afford to cut the PS3 price by $50 in 2009 (if that), because a $299 PS3 would probably crush the X360.

I admit that 2009 has started great for the X360 though, and there's a decent chance to come 2nd in this gen even if it's going to be a very tuff battle.

Who are you?