By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game should i get killzone 2 or halo 3?

uber really likes Killzone, and really, really likes FPS title. To him, it is his software soulmate. When you love something, you find even its flaws beautiful. Let that love be, guys... It is not ours to question or understand.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network

Well, I immensely prefer killzone 2 to Halo 3. i hate fps games where HP is too long so I hated resistance 2 as well. however, I may be the wrong person to ask. this is the kind of decision where the internet is pretty much useless.

better yet, get both and return the one you don't like.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

as a 360 fan who doesnt own a ps3 i say:

killzone 2 no doubt

halo 3 is pretty overrated

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

for once and for all:

realism is an idea. it is a goal to strive for.

innovation is bringing something new to the table, be it a technique, a feature, or whatever.

when a game dev uses new techniques or features that is innovation. in the case of killzone those techniques were used to create better realism and immersion.

both halo and killzone can have their own innovations. to accede to my point is not to detract from halo at all. i really am not seeing any valid basis from anyone...just some weak semantic maneuvering.

not one person has shown that the numerous things i listed were not innovations. to say that they are evolution is really missing the boat.

i've given my loose definition of innovation. now let's hear what you think.

art is the excrement of culture

uber said:
for once and for all:

realism is an idea. it is a goal to strive for.

innovation is bringing something new to the table, be it a technique, a feature, or whatever.

when a game dev uses new techniques or features that is innovation. in the case of killzone those techniques were used to create better realism and immersion.

both halo and killzone can have their own innovations. to accede to my point is not to detract from halo at all. i really am not seeing any valid basis from anyone...just some weak semantic maneuvering.

not one person has shown that the numerous things i listed were not innovations. to say that they are evolution is really missing the boat.

i've given my loose definition of innovation. now let's hear what you think.

Again you are ignoring an entire word in the dictionary. EVOLUTION. What your talking about is evolving something in FPS which was already there. Do you understand that? Calling it innovation is removing the word evolution from the dictionary. For the things you talk about to be innovation, no FPS before would have attempted to be realistic. A new and better physics engine for example is not innovation, because physics have been done before. But because a new game has better realistic physics, it's called EVOLUTION. Jeez. People I'm stopping, my 2 year old daughter understands better.

Killzone 2 is a good game, It is NOT INNOVATIVE in ANY way. IT's and Evolution of realistic shooters before it. / end thread.

Around the Network

Obviously the OP does not have a real interest, since he has not been back to his thread.

But, I believe uber and S.T.A.G.E. have probably covered it by now. If you are looking for a fun game to play that has amazing gameplay and multiplayer features that will have you begging for more, get Halo 3. If you want to escape from your life into another reality, feel that you are in another world or experiencing another existence, choose KZ2.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I'm pretty much done with the argument at this point because I can see that Uber is not going to listen to anyone elses arguments but to say one final thing. You say immersion is not subjective but is directly proportional to the amount of realism in the game? Well the dictionary disagrees with you.

Immersion-

state of being deeply engaged or involved; absorption.

If you still do not understand why your argument is flawed then nothing anyone says to you will change your mind because you clearly have your eyes and ears closed.
Also you are absolutely crazy if you think COD4 launched with more hype than Killzone 2. K2 had a massive worldwide add campaign behind it.
Your final flawed point is that gamers do not like Killzone 2 because it is different. When Halo:CE came out it completely changed the formula of fps shooters by adding rechargeable sheilds, revolutionary controls and a multitude of other factors yet the game did phenomonaly on a massively limited user base. If you think Killzone 2 changed the fps genre more than Halo then you are ignoring history.

I think your problem is that you are an elitist that thinks that everyone else is stupid and since Halo is popular then it must be a stupid game. The fact that Halo 3 is consistently the most played game on xbox live if not the world shows that Halo 3 has brought something to the table that no other fps has, bringing people back to play each and every week. Toyota is the most successful car company in America, is it because everyone is stupid and buys the same brand or is it because Toyota makes the most reliable, efficient cars on the market?

oh and I don't know about you but I can sure as hell jump and shoot a gun at the same time.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Get both. Both are awesome. If you don't have money to get both then start saving because you don't want to miss out on either of them.

Mendicate Bias said:

I'm pretty much done with the argument at this point because I can see that Uber is not going to listen to anyone elses arguments but to say one final thing. You say immersion is not subjective but is directly proportional to the amount of realism in the game? Well the dictionary disagrees with you.

Immersion-

If you still do not understand why your argument is flawed then nothing anyone says to you will change your mind because you clearly have your eyes and ears closed.
Also you are absolutely crazy if you think COD4 launched with more hype than Killzone 2. K2 had a massive worldwide add campaign behind it.
Your final flawed point is that gamers do not like Killzone 2 because it is different. When Halo:CE came out it completely changed the formula of fps shooters by adding rechargeable sheilds, revolutionary controls and a multitude of other factors yet the game did phenomonaly on a massively limited user base. If you think Killzone 2 changed the fps genre more than Halo then you are ignoring history.

I think your problem is that you are an elitist that thinks that everyone else is stupid and since Halo is popular then it must be a stupid game. The fact that Halo 3 is consistently the most played game on xbox live if not the world shows that Halo 3 has brought something to the table that no other fps has, bringing people back to play each and every week. Toyota is the most successful car company in America, is it because everyone is stupid and buys the same brand or is it because Toyota makes the most reliable, efficient cars on the market?

oh and I don't know about you but I can sure as hell jump and shoot a gun at the same time.

Especially when you are a genetically engineered hulk in powered armor.

Additionally: Nothing to me is more immersive than flying to another planet, storming a beach in a flying bathtub, getting shot down by lasers, and then shooting alien nazis in gas masks that help them breathe their own atmosphere with projectile weapons dozens of times before they will die.

KZ2 = REALISM

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

TheSteve said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Immersion-

Especially when you are a genetically engineered hulk in powered armor.

Additionally: Nothing to me is more immersive than flying to another planet, storming a beach in a flying bathtub, getting shot down by lasers, and then shooting alien nazis in gas masks that help them breathe their own atmosphere with projectile weapons dozens of times before they will die.

KZ2 = REALISM

KZ2 = Set on another planet with a lightning gun

Now THATS realistic.