By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is This New Beyond Good & Evil 2 Footage?

twesterm said:
Looks awesome but I would be willing to be that's a target render.

Well, it sure as hell ain't gameplay.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

That looks fantastic!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm, well if that really is BG&E2, they certainly took all the charm and character the original had and threw it out the window, then replaced it with this mediocre, stereotypical bland world we see too much nowadays in HD games...

And there's no way that's actual gameplay. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Hmm, well if that really is BG&E2, they certainly took all the charm and character the original had and threw it out the window, then replaced it with this mediocre, stereotypical bland world we see too much nowadays in HD games...

How was that bland?! It was a vibrant city full of people and color. And I'd say that it has charm, the whole charging into the bathroom and his reaction.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

A dark haired girl running from enemies across rooftops then jumping onto a helicopter...

Reminds me of Mirror's Edge.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Cheebee said:

How was that bland?! It was a vibrant city full of people and color. And I'd say that it has charm, the whole charging into the bathroom and his reaction.

Well, I fully agree with Cheebee. If this is really the direction they're taking with the new Beyond Good & Evil I don't mind it not coming to Wii anymore. Nothing in that footage reminded me of the original game except for the person running through those buildings. 

I'm not usually one to jump on the HD-is-brown bandwagon but having played the original game not so long ago i think it has lost alot of it's style and colour.  I mean it looks impressive but personally i think it's lost the flair of originality from the original.  I guess the writings been on the wall every since we saw that render of Pey (?).

Dear God what's with Ubisoft and climbing?

It's like all their games are the same with a different coat of paint.

That said, the video was stunning!

Looks fantastic. I'm sure they would love to continue with the art style of the original but the sad truth is that the game underperformed at retail (despite being one of THE best games of that gen) so it looks like they've given it a more muted makeover to resemble the familiar blockbusters this gen(not good but not a game breaker for me).
The finished product could well end up a lot more colourful and i'm sure they'll try their best to inject charm and character where they can.

As long as they don't resort to Jade bikini bouncing breast physics tactics i'll be happy...and no 'hot coffee' moment with the pig please! :)

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

I really hope that footage from beyond good and evil 2. It looks absolutely incredible, the animations are so good I swear its cgi not in game if is from BG&E 2

PSN- vykk8930    currently playing RE5 Mercenaries