By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 leaked onto the Internet :|

Considering all the pictures and videos (especially the annoying &$^# ending video) that were out it was only a matter of time before the game was leaked onto the Internet.  It has now started to be distributed and it's very likely by tomorrow it will have spread to bittorrent and other popular means of file sharing.  I wonder if Microsoft will be handing out a lot of bans because of this.

Around the Network

(HALO.3.NTSC.XBOX360.RETAIL.LuKLuK) [001/106] - "luk-h3.nfo" yEnc (1/1)

hmm there does indeed seem to be a pirate release already..quite sad

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I wouldn't be surprised if they sue every person who tries to connect to live before the game is released. I'm sure there are enough idiots out there.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they sue every person who tries to connect to live before the game is released. I'm sure there are enough idiots out there.

most people that have modded consoles using pirated games don't make use of Live, it's just for the singleplayer. Going onto live is too much of a risk for them. But i wouldn't count on it being downloaded alot.. afterall, halo 3 is mostly for the multiplayer, unlike for instance, bioshock or the darkness.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yes, well we know that they recently banned modded XBox360's that connected to live, so like I said I'm sure there are enough idiots out there.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

^^ Yeah idiots are never supply constrained :)

On topic: WOW, this is the last game I would have expected to leak into the internet, if Bill finds out who did it.... well he´ll sue him/her.... Good thing for MS is that people will buy and ceep the originlal for all the great multiplayer support it has, they´ll lose a buck or two on the people who would have gotten it for singleplayer only and have a modded Box, still I don´t see piracy beeing a big issue with this game, it´s just to big for piracy to take out a chunk you would notice.

Nintendo on the other hand might get bigger problems, their internet security doesn´t even exsist, there where thousands playing Mario Strikers on the day before the game released. Games like Galaxy with no internet wouldn´t even need internet....

Sony is doing best in this department, eventhough I´ve heard of exploits with certain system versions there seems to be very little people can do to it´s security till now, Blue Ray makes a drive hacks senseless so the only way would be copying the game to the hard drive... and that hasn´t worked out yet, so go Sony you win the pirate killer award till now.

Shows us that beeing pirate prove doesn´t mean you will be better of on the market. Piracy might hurt 360 and Wii software sales but people buying a new 360 for online will only help the 360.... and it does´t look like anything is hurting the Wii eventhough it is easyest to hack. 

For the Wii: Nothing like a good firmware update can't fix!! (Update 3.0 for instance)

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

- oops, wrong thread. Ignore 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

regin2005 said:
For the Wii: Nothing like a good firmware update can't fix!! (Update 3.0 for instance)
If you mean that piracy doesn't exist with the 3.0 update i should probably inform you that i'm currently on 3.0 with Wiikey and no problem at all. Yeah, i have pirated games, i hate to say it but i only buy originals when the game is worth it (example Zelda, Trauma Center etc...)

I heard two kids got advanced copies of Halo three and then where consequently banned until December 31st year 9,999

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie