By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 leaked onto the Internet :|

Alexie Di Onie said:
I heard two kids got advanced copies of Halo three and then where consequently banned until December 31st year 9,999

metoo

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
Alexie Di Onie said:
I heard two kids got advanced copies of Halo three and then where consequently banned until December 31st year 9,999

no they got into the beta when they werent supposed to.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

SUE them? If Bill finds out, he'll KILL them.

But seriously, there simply aren't enough bittorrent game downloaders to really affect sales. It's a non-issue.

regin2005 said:
For the Wii: Nothing like a good firmware update can't fix!! (Update 3.0 for instance)

Didn´t fix a thing about piracy.

gamingdevil said:
regin2005 said:
For the Wii: Nothing like a good firmware update can't fix!! (Update 3.0 for instance)
If you mean that piracy doesn't exist with the 3.0 update i should probably inform you that i'm currently on 3.0 with Wiikey and no problem at all. Yeah, i have pirated games, i hate to say it but i only buy originals when the game is worth it (example Zelda, Trauma Center etc...)

Buy the games. Don't pirate. Why don't you want to actually support the industry that you supposedly love? You are ridiculous. And then you complain about the lack of original games. It's because too many people pirate copies and they don't sell enough. Sheesh.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

Thanks for the name calling If you lived in a place where a game was released 5+ months later, with a 60 Euros (80$) price tag would you give that amount of money for, say, WarioWare? I wouldn't. I already have Super Paper Mario since April (Original imported, mind you) so yeah... if i lived in the US i wouldn't be in this difficult situation. So, all in all, if Nintendo wakes up and realizes that there are also PAL gamers i might stop pirating. Thank you :)

Not surprising.

But Halo 3 is all about multiplayer anyway. And they'll be banninated if they try to connect to XBox Live. So whatever.

Nintendo's approach is the best so far. Don't care, you make enough money on legal sales.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Nintendo's approach is: We already made more money on the console sale and the controller sales than PS3 will ever make, profit wise.

gamingdevil said:
Thanks for the name calling If you lived in a place where a game was released 5+ months later, with a 60 Euros (80$) price tag would you give that amount of money for, say, WarioWare? I wouldn't. I already have Super Paper Mario since April (Original imported, mind you) so yeah... if i lived in the US i wouldn't be in this difficult situation. So, all in all, if Nintendo wakes up and realizes that there are also PAL gamers i might stop pirating. Thank you :)

It's not Nintendo's fault that you guys use weird electricity, have weird TVs and speak about 10 languages.

Neos said:
(HALO.3.NTSC.XBOX360.RETAIL.LuKLuK) [001/106] - "luk-h3.nfo" yEnc (1/1)

hmm there does indeed seem to be a pirate release already..quite sad

Umm...Halo 2 was leaked/pirated WAY earlier. At least a month early. This is only less than one week early. So if anything, things are improving since halo 2. I was around for Halo 2, and imagine trying to avoid spoilers when the game was pirated over a month before release! Avoiding Halo 3 spoilers has been a cakewalk by comparison.

Also, MS will NOT ban people playing the retail version early. They have stated this. After all, a UK store already accidentally broke the street date, and MS cannot punish people who lawfully bought the game and probably didn't know any better. Only MS employees caught playing early will be banned.

Now, MS can tell if you're playing PIRATE games on your Xbox 360, and they will ban you for connecting to Live if you've been playing PIRATED Halo 3. That's a different story. As stated, that's why pirates usually dont connect to Live.

MS can tell the difference between pirate and retail Halo 3, and they will not, probably legally cannot, ban you for the latter. It is not your fault if a store sold it to you early, nor illegal.