By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII will be best FF game ever, says Square.

Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase has boldly claimed that the hotly anticipated RPG will be the ‘best’ entry in the venerable franchise to date.

"I'm convinced it will be the best Final Fantasy game,” Kitase told VideoGamer.com while promoting upcoming handheld brawler Dissidia: Final Fantasy in London this week.

Kitase went on to reflect on his involvement with the series, commencing with Final Fantasy 5 and moving on to the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy VII, of which he served as director on. In fact, Kitase let slip that he considers spiky pretty boy Cloud Strife as his favourite character in the series thus far.

"I've been involved with the Final Fantasy series since Final Fantasy 5,” he said. “In those days Final Fantasy had not recorded such remarkable success abroad, outside Japan. Probably after VII, maybe it became a really strong title globally, and that situation hasn't changed up to now. Now other Final Fantasy games are widely played globally by lots of people.”

"OK sometimes we receive quite critical comments from players, as well as nice comments! But that kind of situation, how widely it is played across the world, would have been completely unimaginable. That is something I am very proud of."

http://www.psu.com/FFXIII-will-be-best-FF-game-ever,-says-Square-News--a007143-p0.php

I just hope it will be great.

Around the Network

"I'm convinced it will be the best Final Fantasy game,” ... that means later FF games wont compare to FFXIII??? ='( loll jk well thats quite a statement and I dont mind if its not the best FF game, but a fairly amazing one still.

Guys, guys... he obviously meant it'll be the BE$T in a hopeful , wishful way sales-wise.

I'd love it if they said, "FFXIII will be pretty damn good. Maybe not as good as VII or VIII, but pretty close!"

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Industry, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

What were you expecting? "Don't get your hopes up?"

Around the Network

Of course he says that but I have my doubts about it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Wait, a developer hyping their game!? Who would have thought!

^Hows Ghostbusters going :p ? OT ; It better be The Best GAME Ever with the amount of hype it has.

Makes me wonder if Uwe Boll ever came out and said, "Oh, it'll be a complete waste of time!"

Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Industry, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

Hes not gunna say 'its shit' now is he

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot