Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's savior to be announced tomorrow?

So by remaking a game everyone has already played and most have no faith in Square-Enix doing right a second time around, they're going to save a console that still costs twice as much as the PS1 ever did? Even then how many years will it take them to finish a FFVII remake? Will the Ps3 be saveable by 2010-2011? Even then, to assume FFVII is the only game that can save the PS3, are you saying current FF games will never live up to the former glory of 32-bits? Will FFXIII not be able to do the job?

You people make all these threads how the PS3 is going to triumph one way or another despite the odds yet in discussions like this that offer a mere glimmer of hope like this you have no problem admitting it needs saved. You'll forgive me if I'm just a little confused by the inconsistancy in your enthusiasm.

Around the Network

Isn't it now tomorrow? What was the game?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

:( i bought a ps1 for FF7 i have to admit and i still only have like 5 games for it

FF7 Twisted Metal GT1 and GT2 and Metal Gear

I won a FF7 game off a bottel cap and i had the game and no playstation so i took it to my friends and then was hooked so i dont know if i did not get the game for free if i would have made the jump to it...

Hill Till We Die    -Don 2001

I Own a WII, 64 and SNES, Most Sega systems

I Own A Xbox and Xbox 360

I am Still MAD at Sony for 3 dead PS2's with Disk Read Error's, And proud Owner of a PSX that Plays Games While Upside Down and a PS3 Slim.

FANBOY That Haiters

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/550493466.png[/IMG][/URL]

Wow thats alot of PS3 hate Onimusha 12. Just take a step back and try and be proactive about gaming.
Take it from a newb, you better calm down or you will get uncontrolable nose bleeds.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

leo-j said:

Its going to be FF VII.

Yes its the savior since it saved the ps1 from death :D

And yes one game can save a system, xbox came to beat nintendo.

edit:Square enix was the one who lead sony to victory and the ps2 came to be, now will square save the ps3?

Yeah, just like Crisis Core was going to sell 10 million worldwide and skyrock PSP sales right?

Around the Network

Honestly I didn't think CC was going to be that huge. 450k is dandy for a psp game.

^ naz

well at least leo-j was right about one thing .... (skyrocketing PSP sales).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

WiteoutKing said:
jhlennon1 said:
makingmusic476 said:
WiteoutKing said:
Zucas said:
Takes more than one game to win a generation. If that were the case then Super Mario 64 would have won the N64 that generation.

And Ocarina of Time would have buried Sony forever. One game does not a victor make.

ssj: Halo put Microsoft on the map when it was too obscure to get a lot of attention. It went from nothing to someting. Sony is in the opposite position. Everyone knows about the PS3, and interest is fading away. One game on its own doesn't stop that.

OoT did bury Sony, imo. The N64 was infinitely better than the ps1 just because of SM64, MK64, OoT, and MM. I don't care what the sales charts say. :P

OOT would have buried Sony is Square didn't release Final Fantasy VII which set the PS on the path of greatness.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Honestly, Final Fantasy VII was about the only game that could have possibly parried Ocarina of Time, and to the victor went the spoils (and the momentum).

So like I said, one game can make a console, its just a matter of if 1st/3rd parties can continue to release great games afterwards. Microsoft might be able to but their main genre is shooters. So of course they will appeal to the shooter fans more then RPG fans. From what I have seen Mass Effect doesnt hold a candle to White Knight Story.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mass effect holds every candle to WKS, in terms of LENGth (its supposed to be LONGER) Graphics are you kidding me? gameplay is where i think WTS could win if its something new and great, but Mass effect will most likely burn it in every other area

THis all goes to knaught if you are talking about rpg fan appreciation then yes, i think White KNight story beats it....

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

@ Lost tears of Kain

What do you think the japanese public would be more interested in?

After all we are talking about TGS here.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills