By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Britian Turning Into A Totalitarian State ?

SamuelRSmith said:
Butcher those who mork Islam

You dare mock!

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
CommunistHater said:
Soleron said:

I'd defend their right to stand there and hold those placards.

Violent Speech has a chilling effect on others Free Speech

Mock Islam and Die decreases free speech about islam

Maybe those that directly threaten people shouldn't be allowed then.

Soleron said:
CommunistHater said:
Soleron said:

Violent Speech has a chilling effect on others Free Speech

Mock Islam and Die decreases free speech about islam

Maybe those that directly threaten people shouldn't be allowed then.

Ya think? Contact your local MP and tell them you want them removed.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.

Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

Deciding who you let in and who you do not is easy.

Just ask your self, will they fit in with the rest of us?

Does it matter if they don't?

Yes.

I defend their rights to hold those placards even though I don't agree with the message.

And if they defend my right to hold a placard with a message they don't agree with in return; then I would happily allow them to live in my country.

highwaystar101 said:

I defend their rights to hold those placards even though I don't agree with the message.

And if they defend my right to hold a placard with a message they don't agree with in return; then I would happily allow them to live in my country.

I think if your placard message is anything insulting to Islam they may try and kill you instead. The placards they were carrying pretty much stated that.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

Deciding who you let in and who you do not is easy.

Just ask your self, will they fit in with the rest of us?

Does it matter if they don't?

Yes.

Which is why you need to have a basic rights questionaire.   A lot of people in this world think Freedom of Speech is a western invention that is pointless.

Everything can be voted away... Look at how early democracies died.  Not by the sword but by voting away their rights.

Tyrannical said:
highwaystar101 said:

I think if your placard message is anything insulting to Islam they may try and kill you instead. The placards they were carrying pretty much stated that.

Well duh, that's what I was saying. If they did not support my right to say something of equal magnitude to this then they can fuck off back where they came from.

Kasz216 said:
highwaystar101 said:
Soleron said:

Which is why you need to have a basic rights questionaire. A lot of people in this world think Freedom of Speech is a western invention that is pointless.

Everything can be voted away... Look at how early democracies died. Not by the sword but by voting away their rights.

If people take a rights quiz to get and pass then I would be for that. If they agree freedom of speech is important then they would be allowed to apply for immigration to this country. Then hopefully rights wont be voted away like you said.

Tyrannical said:

The more I look at this image the more I swear that the guy in the white coat in the bottom left hand corner is a guy I know called amjid. I swear he even has that hat.

highwaystar101 said:
Kasz216 said:
highwaystar101 said:
Soleron said:

Which is why you need to have a basic rights questionaire. A lot of people in this world think Freedom of Speech is a western invention that is pointless.

Everything can be voted away... Look at how early democracies died. Not by the sword but by voting away their rights.

If people take a rights quiz to get and pass then I would be for that. If they agree freedom of speech is important then they would be allowed to apply for immigration to this country. Then hopefully rights wont be voted away like you said.

I'm glad someone does.  Other people disagreed in this thread.  Last thing we need is socal progress to be moved backwords because of trying to be fair to everybody.

Your just giving up one kind of unfairness for another.