By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Britian Turning Into A Totalitarian State ?

SamuelRSmith said:
Kasz216 said:
The UK limits their immigration... quite a bit.

We have no control on the amount of immigrants coming from within the EU. Which, really, is where the majority of immigrants come from.

Right... because your on an Island... with a bunch of other wealthy 1st world countries between you and Africa/Middle East.

If these people were to have the means... and there were no limits.  They'd come by the boatload.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

As for letting in those who you can let in...

Well that's still basically being "Racist" in your definition.

Since if you are going to set up limits you'd need criteria and the criteria are largely going to be "Who can help the country the most" which in turn is going to "screw" people born in certain circumstances in certain countries.

Deciding who you let in and who you do not is easy.

Just ask your self, will they fit in with the rest of us?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

Does it matter if they don't?

Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

Only if they believe in things we generally disagree with on a level of liberty.  Such as women's rights... freedom of religion, freedom of speech... etc.

There needs to be a certain level of fitting in on a general world view level of basic human rights.

Last thing we need is that stuff voted out of existence in the distant future.

Take Israel for example... what would happen to Israel if they had no immigration policy?

They'd be flooded by Arabs who'd vote that all jews should be expelled from Israel.

Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

Only if they believe in things we generally disagree with on a level of liberty.  Such as women's rights... freedom of religion, freedom of speech... etc.

There needs to be a certain level of fitting in on a general world view level of basic human rights.

Take Israel for example... what would happen to Israel if they had no immigration policy?

They'd be flooded by Arabs who'd vote that all jews should be expelled from Israel.

I see your point, but letting people in based on their political views is the wrong answer...

Around the Network

^ Like Michael Savage ;-P

SamuelRSmith said:

I hate that policy. But it's OK; Labour's going to lose in May. I'll be old enough to vote against them...

Soleron said:
Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
Tyrannical said:
Kasz216 said:

I see your point, but letting people in based on their political views is the wrong answer...

I don't see those as political views. 

I see them as human rights issues.

I mean... someone for female circumscision for example... that's not a political view.  It's just barbarism.

Kasz216 said:

I don't see those as political views. 

I see them as human rights issues.

I mean... someone for female circumscision for example... that's not a political view.  It's just barbarism.

...I would love to agree with you (not being sarcastic). They ought not to be political issues but instead universal human principles. Sadly they are not, however, and I think excluding these people just because we disagree with them is wrong because to censor them would be worse than agreeing with them.

I can't really justify it beyond that; certainly my instinct is to say "Yes, ban these people because they don't respect others". But I can't accept that.

Soleron said:
SamuelRSmith said:

I hate that policy. But it's OK; Labour's going to lose in May. I'll be old enough to vote against them...

the Conservatives are little better than Labour socially, and there much worse economically and stuff, so if you vote for them, you vote only against your own principals, im voting for a 3rd party (probably Green party) because i think they are closest to my personal views