By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Complementary: Big sales and small releases ....

Yea i think its way to early to say none of these games are coming to US and PAL though. We'll see what's what after E3.

I want Cosmic Walker asap

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
famousringo said:
Blacksaber said:
Hoshi no Kirby? Is that what I think it is...

It was on Nintendo's '08 release list, too. They keep pushing it back for some reason...

It cuts pretty deep to see that Nintendo has three times more Wii games coming to Japan than NA this year. Jesus. I know they need to stimulate Wii demand more in Japan but how many freakin' billions of dollars does North America have to pay Nintendo before they start giving a shit about us?

They'll probably add in a couple more NA games before the year is out, but three times!

Aren't you forgetting Japan gets lots of games that are never localized, and that it could be the cause of that more than not caring?

Then I would say that Nintendo fails at its own strategy. They like to claim that they target a game to as broad an audience as possible, but if 50-60% of their games aren't fit to leave Japan, they're cutting out a way larger potential audience than just women and older people.

Nintendo's latest financial states that over 80% of their sales come from overseas. How much sense does it make to have over half of their games made exclusively for less than 1/5th of their customer base?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
famousringo said:
Blacksaber said:
Hoshi no Kirby? Is that what I think it is...

It was on Nintendo's '08 release list, too. They keep pushing it back for some reason...

It cuts pretty deep to see that Nintendo has three times more Wii games coming to Japan than NA this year. Jesus. I know they need to stimulate Wii demand more in Japan but how many freakin' billions of dollars does North America have to pay Nintendo before they start giving a shit about us?

They'll probably add in a couple more NA games before the year is out, but three times!

Aren't you forgetting Japan gets lots of games that are never localized, and that it could be the cause of that more than not caring?

Then I would say that Nintendo fails at its own strategy. They like to claim that they target a game to as broad an audience as possible, but if 50-60% of their games aren't fit to leave Japan, they're cutting out a way larger potential audience than just women and older people.

Nintendo's latest financial states that over 80% of their sales come from overseas. How much sense does it make to have over half of their games made exclusively for less than 1/5th of their customer base?

They do a lot of experimental work.

But then again, I think NOA is trying to save resources by focusing on the very big hits. And I don't just mean localization and marketing resources, but branding as well. Reggie wants to save wood for potentially the very brightest fires, and I think NCL shares the same idea for their NA approach at this time.

Terrible, enrages me to see NoA being a f***ing joke all the time. This is the exact same lineup we got like months ago, no new games added, nada. While Europe got 1 more NPC and 2 new games added. Lol, sad, sad.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I wonder why will happen to the Wii hardware sales when DQX hit Japan.