By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Worth More Then Sony Corp.

sega4life said:

hmmm....

MS that much?

lol MS could buy both companies and still be at over 100b

That's not really what it means.  It just means that if you wanted to buy all the Microsoft stock there was, it would cost you 172 billion dollars.  It is not how much money these companies have, and it is not the value of their assets.

For example, as of March 31, 2008, Nintendo had approx 9 billion dollars in cash.  Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/annual0803e.pdf (page 31)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
Then why isint that happening to Toyota and Wal-mart? when they are MUCH bigger then microsoft

What?

Wal*Mart and Toyota are down year over year... lol

It's stocks, they go up, they go down..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Sega, do you see microsofts last year numbers compared to this year?

Sony 27$ per share 1B shares
Nintendo 32$per share 1.42B shares
MSFT: 19$ per share 8.9B shares

Nintendo dividends are fu---n awesome. Maybe they should cut them short in order to grow.

Sony has had alot of trouble competing with Korean everything lately so this is not surprising. MS is still controlling the os system market but Google won't let them get away with that forever, we'll see what Apple and Google do to MS in the next few years.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
Sega, do you see microsofts last year numbers compared to this year?

yep..

MS down roughly 10 points

WalMart down roughly 7 points

Toyota down roughly 21 points

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

MS at the top. No surprise there.

4 ≈ One

awesome job Nintendo!

Sega im not talking about the stocks for today, omg just read the original post

rafichamp said:
Sega im not talking about the stocks for today, omg just read the original post

I was replying to the Wal*mart / Toyota reply and you saying how come it hasn't happened to them, when it did..