By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever feel so attached to a game that each sold makes you feel successful?

Right now, as I'm a huge fan of Valkyria Chronicles and Fallout 3, whenever I see the game sell even one copy in my local game store or on this site, I can't help but feel proud for some reason.

I don't know why, but I seem to end up advising the guys buying games in the store I frequent whenever I happen to pass by to buy these two games. Yesterday, there was this guy who was buying his new PS3 that came with two free games, and I successfully coerced him to take VC and FO3 (He was going to take MGS4 and Wanted), and I felt great for doing so.

So has this phenomenon ever happened to you?

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

Right now, as I'm a huge fan of Valkyria Chronicles and Fallout 3, whenever I see the game sell even one copy in my local game store or on this site, I can't help but feel proud for some reason.

I don't know why, but I seem to end up advising the guys buying games in the store I frequent whenever I happen to pass by to buy these two games. Yesterday, there was this guy who was buying his new PS3 that came with two free games, and I successfully coerced him to take VC and FO3 (He was going to take MGS4 and Wanted)!!, and I felt great for doing so.

This is when people should start seeing a shrink.

j/k :P

You stopped an MGS4 sale...

You are my mortal enemy.

I would be lying if I said that ever happened to me. I do try and convince my friends to buy certain games, but whether random people buy them has no effect on me.

Carl2291 said:
You stopped an MGS4 sale...

You are my mortal enemy.

cmon, MGS4 doesn't need any more sales. VC and FO3 are in dire need of sales.

Around the Network

MGS4 needs the big 4million

Fallout3 is at about 5 million overall, but VC definately needs the sales.

Should have coaxed him to get MGS4 and VC

bugrimmar said:

I like it when people buy games I like because if enough of them do it then the developers will make more games I like.

Kingdom Hearts II.

Carl2291 said:
MGS4 needs the big 4million

Fallout3 is at about 5 million overall, but VC definately needs the sales.

Should have coaxed him to get MGS4 and VC

don't worry about it, MGS4 will get to 4 million eventually... fallout, however, deserves like 10 million. amazing game.

No, it's not that serious.