By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What games has and will take up all 50 GB of a Blu-ray disk

phinch1 said:
I imagine a lot of games will be hard to fit on a blue ray disc in about 2 years, some games in the future may stretch to 2 blue ray disc

But you forget they can make 200GB disks

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network

It makes me wonder how much space is really taken up by the extra sound requirements when games like Twilight Princess fit on 1.5GB discs (maybe 3GB, dunno much about GC dual layers)

Does anyone know how big a standard 7.1 uncompressed music track is (about) for comparison.

KLucifer said:
wtf...konami lied....those bastards...they said they didn't have enough space to put in the japanese voice over....wtf...that's more than enough space....i'm sure u dont need more than 10 gb for voice...probably less than 2gb even...so gay...

Good job offending Konami, Kojima, and the gay community all in the same post!

Probably Gran Turismo 5 with its great soundtrack, massive number of cars and tracks, amazing detail, hopefully damage. Also it should be 1080p with 60 FPS!! Well I hope so anyways

I believe that InFamous obviously is a 50 gig game (uncompressed audio and high resolution textures, etc) and also it contains audio tracks for pedestrians, vehicles, explosions, enemy characters on a large scale. I also believe that white knight chronicles and Demons Souls also are 50 gig games as well. Just off the top of my head.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
It makes me wonder how much space is really taken up by the extra sound requirements when games like Twilight Princess fit on 1.5GB discs (maybe 3GB, dunno much about GC dual layers)

Does anyone know how big a standard 7.1 uncompressed music track is (about) for comparison.

the reason that twilight princess could fit on 1.5 gb of disk space is because it does not contain any HD resolution sized textures( [plus its levels shared a ton of resources as well).  The higher the resolution the greater the texture compacity is, there also was not a lot of cut scenes that required a ton of dialog on zelda either.  That is why that game (though a very great game) only took up such small disk space, oh and no lossless audio uncompressed either (and no 5.1 compressed lossy audio either).

I think MGS4 took up most of the 50gb and GT5 could do it since it will have so much of stuff on it.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/14/mgs4-confirmed-50gb-blu-ray/

Letin said:
rafichamp said:
First, MGS4 toke up only 30gb of the disk, mainly because of its VERY bad coding, the game was good but the codes were messed up, Second, a single layerd blu-ray takes up 50gb, a double layer takes up to 100gb, so 50gb is not the max for a blu-ray disk.

tdk has said it has managed to get a blura dsc to hold 400gb and recons it can get to 1 terabyte, dont no if the playstation 3 bluray player is able to read them thogh

? i thought mgs4 took up more than 50gb and had some of it comprised kojima made a bit of fuss about this saying even the 50gb disc wasnt enough maybe i heard wrong

Yes MGS4 was 70GB compressed to about 49GB (The setup method was for that reason)

People who say its 30GB dosnt know that the remaing data can not be read by Windows (only by the PS3) thats why its

not shown.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

tedsteriscool said:
KLucifer said:
wtf...konami lied....those bastards...they said they didn't have enough space to put in the japanese voice over....wtf...that's more than enough space....i'm sure u dont need more than 10 gb for voice...probably less than 2gb even...so gay...

Good job offending Konami, Kojima, and the gay community all in the same post!

And illegitimate kids.