By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC Poll: Who do you think will have the best showing at E3?

Who do you think will have the best showing at E3?

Microsoft 511 16.28%

Nintendo 855 27.24%

Sony 1,240 39.50%

They will all have great surprises. 310 9.88%

I expect to be let down by all three. 223 7.10%

Total:3,139

I don't see how Sony can win. I mean come on!! They already announced their games: GOW3, GT5, Uncharted 2 etc. They won't have anything else to announce but release dates and some demos and that's it. Maybe games for PSP but that's it.
For Microsoft, I don't think they have anything good to announce this year to make them "win" unless there is Halo 4 which I doubt.
Now for Nintendo they have lots of teams in development working on so many games. I'm sure they will have a lot of new games to announce plus a new Ip. They will also have a killer holiday line up.

So if your going to vote, vote Nintendo.

Around the Network

M$ because they dont have anything to prove!!! And they hinted that it will be good. Now dont disappoint me M$!!!

Long Live SHIO!

In terms of who is going to make the most money from it, Nintendo for sure.

By what the hardcore will say though, I'm betting on Sony.

nintendo.

hello how are you.

Sony.

Around the Network

This must be pointed out. Sony does not have the luxury that both its competitors enjoy. They are in third place with soft sales. Losing ground every single day. They account for just under twenty two percent of the global market. Just over seventeen percent in North America, and their best is Japan and Others with around twenty six percent.

Where am I going with this you might be saying so the console is doing poorly. That is the point Sony can ill afford to hold off on game announcements. They go into a quiet funk, and consumer confidence will begin to dwindle. They have to fight to be recognized or even remembered, and the only way to do that is to announce games.

Just imagine what would happen if Sony were playing the same game as Microsoft and Nintendo. Holding out on showing major titles. You would read comments like Sony is abandoning their console. Microsoft can get by reasonably well with the extra content releases making headlines. Nintendo will sell period major new game announcements or not. Both can really use the shows to full effect.

Let me phrase it as an analogy. Lets say that the event is the kitchen where the manufacturers are making their shows. Everyone else shows the tasters out of the door except Sony. Sony lets them lick the beaters, and taste the main coarse.
So basically be the time you get to dinner your already half stuffed you have been eating for quite some time. Meanwhile the others are famished.

Sony is staving off the hunger that would be a real menace to the sales they can get. While the others are starving and saving it all for the meal. Do not confuse satisfaction with having the great experience the others are going to have. You are going to be disappointed.

Dodece said:
This must be pointed out. Sony does not have the luxury that both its competitors enjoy. They are in third place with soft sales. Losing ground every single day. They account for just under twenty two percent of the global market. Just over seventeen percent in North America, and their best is Japan and Others with around twenty six percent.

Where am I going with this you might be saying so the console is doing poorly. That is the point Sony can ill afford to hold off on game announcements. They go into a quiet funk, and consumer confidence will begin to dwindle. They have to fight to be recognized or even remembered, and the only way to do that is to announce games.

Just imagine what would happen if Sony were playing the same game as Microsoft and Nintendo. Holding out on showing major titles. You would read comments like Sony is abandoning their console. Microsoft can get by reasonably well with the extra content releases making headlines. Nintendo will sell period major new game announcements or not. Both can really use the shows to full effect.

Let me phrase it as an analogy. Lets say that the event is the kitchen where the manufacturers are making their shows. Everyone else shows the tasters out of the door except Sony. Sony lets them lick the beaters, and taste the main coarse.
So basically be the time you get to dinner your already half stuffed you have been eating for quite some time. Meanwhile the others are famished.

Sony is staving off the hunger that would be a real menace to the sales they can get. While the others are starving and saving it all for the meal. Do not confuse satisfaction with having the great experience the others are going to have. You are going to be disappointed.

Look, all you had to say was that people are foolish if they think Sony will win E3.   Instead of trying to disguise it, just come out and say what you mean.  Sony sucks, and Microsoft will rule E3 once again because they have that luxury.

@Vetteman94

In other words your saying I should just be an asshole, insult other users, and not feel obliged to provide any justification. I am sorry I do not subscribe to your belligerent lazy philosophy. I find your statements childish if your not in the mood for real discussion why bother coming to a forum. Wouldn't a more suitable venue for you be a chat room?

Soriku said:
I chose the all 3 option, because Sony should have some good stuff especially for PSP, MS will definitely want to have stuff, and Nintendo realize they need to raise sales and I doubt they'll disappoint again.

Unfortunately this poll is going to be skewered by people who want certain companies to "win".

But I guess it only is just a poll.

This poll won´t want a difference after all. We will just have to wait for the E3 and wait.

Dodece said:
@Vetteman94

In other words your saying I should just be an asshole, insult other users, and not feel obliged to provide any justification. I am sorry I do not subscribe to your belligerent lazy philosophy. I find your statements childish if your not in the mood for real discussion why bother coming to a forum. Wouldn't a more suitable venue for you be a chat room?

Well you may think it is lazy,  I like to look at it as being efficient.   Instead of just coming out and saying which you thought would do the best you took time to basically say that anyone who was picking Sony didnt understand the situation.  So you felt obliged to try an educate them on the situation in your own words. 

So why couldnt you just say who you thought would win E3?  I'll tell you why, because you had to take the time to try and belittle anyone who thought that E3 could be won by Sony.  Instead of coming up with counter arguements for another console, you attacked one.  So, in other words you're were being an asshole.  You were just trying to be clever about it.