Worldwide
Wii - 48.8
360 - 29.6
PS3 - 21.6

Australia
Wii 49.3
360 - 30.
PS3 - 20.7

It was also one of the regions where the PS2 market share was lowest (but I'll leave proof of that to the reader)

Around the Network

If they gave away 70,000 units as a promotion is that really counted as a sale?

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

PS3 was at 460k through 2008, so ~36k sold this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204161.html

YAY hope the ps3 sells more then the 360 ... If you think about it, it probably would have already if 360 owners were not ape shit, and bought more 360's when their 360's got the red ring of death lol ... Sad to see the wii is soo high ...

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

scottie said:
Uh, Sol? Australia is one of the regions where PS3 marketshare is lowest

Worldwide
Wii - 48.8
360 - 29.6
PS3 - 21.6

Australia
Wii 49.3
360 - 30.
PS3 - 20.7

It was also one of the regions where the PS2 market share was lowest (but I'll leave proof of that to the reader)

Thanks for the figures Scottie, you are indeed correct. I was under the impression that the PS3 had closed the gap considerably more that it obviously has. However I still wouldnt be suprised if it surpasses the 360 before the end of this generation. That almost mythical price-cut will definately help as Sony still comfortably won last gen down here. If you are aware of the market-share figures could you please share as I thought the PS2 completly dominated down under.

Around the Network

Hey Sol,

PS2 did completely dominate down here... somthing shocking actually...

Although not the PS3. By the time the gen is all said and done, at max, it will have a 60/40 (PS3/360) userbase, (my guess is actually 45/55 - in 360's favour), plus the wii has practically 50% overall, thus will never dominate like the PS2 did.

A price drop will help in many ways, but it is now too late. Had it currently had a 60/40 userbase in it's favour, then yes it might just get that extra shelf space, but unfortunatly, it is currently selling 'less' then the 360 and it's been out for a long time now so I doubt it'll ever happen.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Lol, yes very true Kowenicki, I was just curious about my home country Australia. I thought the PS2 easily won but the X-box actually sold nearly 900,000 units, which for a brand new console is very impressive. Sadly the cube acccording to VGChartz only hit 171,000 which was quite obvious to anyone shopping for cube games, as their section in stores got so small it was a joke by the end of the gen.

While the PS2 is nearly at 2.5 million according to Vgchartz. Its market-share is still impressive, however its not nearly as impressive as I believed considering it still sells quite decently down under, while the cube and X-Box were dis-continued long ago. Having said that its still quite an achievement by Sony, and it also highlights the remarkable turn of events this gen with the Wii now dominating.

It seems this post is a bit late

yeah, the PS2 dominated in Australia, but not as well as in some regions.

And yes, being a GC owner was very sad some times. We got down to half a shelf in most stores about 2 years before the Wii released

I still remember walking into a store and seeing they had completely removed their Gamecube section while that gen was still going. So many good games yet so little love from retailers and the public down here. At least that situation shouldn`t be repeated for any of the home-consoles this generation.

Good job from sony, but xbox sales had been nearly dead before microsoft picked it up and sorted it out and the 360 now outsells the PS3....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot