By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For my part, Sony have finally made a successful moneyhat.

I'm 95% sure I am picking up Ghostbusters the game.  The only decision was whether it would be the Xbox 360 or the Wii version. If I do indeed pick it up it is unlikely I will want to wait meaning I will now pick up the PS3 version.

Unless for some strange reason, the PS2 version is better...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Allegedly ;)

Haha. Yes. They took the 360 and Wii versions off of their own volition even now they are done developing them.

We both know neither of those platforms ever shift software.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I wouldn't exactly call it moneyhatting - they just decided to release it themselves. Of course it's pretty hard to explain why the other version are being released so late - it at all - if not for moneyhatting. Other version being released later = moneyhatting, other version not being released at all = a simple publishing deal?

Anyway, even if it's not moneyhatting, the result is pretty much the same. Doesn't seem like a very fair move... But then again, so far I've had nothing against publishing deals (as much as I dislike having Remedy and MS together) so as long as there isn't moneyhatting here, I suppose I can't exactly hate it either.

how it's usually done (ie. multiplatform or early publishing deals) >>> suspiciously late publishing deals > moneyhatting

AFAIK wii and x360 versions will be released later by some other company.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Sony should have released it Simultaneously across PS360/Wii. It is Bs these deals, but I spose Sony are getting back at MS. Imagine the Sony logo on a 360 game , lol

starcraft said:

I'm 95% sure I am picking up Ghostbusters the game.  The only decision was whether it would be the Xbox 360 or the Wii version. If I do indeed pick it up it is unlikely I will want to wait meaning I will now pick up the PS3 version.

Unless for some strange reason, the PS2 version is better...

i have a feeling this might be one of the forst batch of hybrid bluray releases with game and movie on the same disk.

i will certainly buy the hybrid version E3 we will get announcments regarding this new format.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Please provide some kind of link or description of what you are talking about. Not everyone knows that Sony stole Ghostbusters only in PAL territories

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/979/979993p1.html

In fact, I was really confused at first, because all the versions come out at the same time in the US in a couple weeks, and no one had changed their release dates at all. Let alone not seeing any US press releases.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

seeing as how Ghostbusters movie is owned by Sony Pictures (I think) wouldn't they have received bacon for every copy of the game sold anyway, regardless of platform?
Now they just get more in PAL and sooner

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I am expecting stuff like this to happen more often when it comes to movie tie ins. I mean wasnt Ghost busters a sony movie anyway. The other consoles should be lucky they are even seeing the game.

I am still in shock that sony allowed spider man to be put on the rivals consoles. its just not what you do is it. stupid sony about time they did something about this.

Hybrid blu rau game-movies for the win

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st