By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony pick up Ghostbusters game

As much as I love Ghostbusters, this game wasn't going to be a big hit anyway. Who knows if the game will even be good?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network
txrattlesnake said:
Yeah, every time Sony uses their weight to sell a game based on one of their film properties or to keep the 360 from being able to watch Sony movies on netflix it is considered a "dick move", but every time Microsoft steals a PS3 exclusive, it is considered a wonderful thing.

I wonder why that is?

Because when Microsoft "steals a PS3 exclusive," they're making a game go multiplatform, meaning more people can play it? While in this case, Sony is preventing people from playing a multiplatform game unless they play it on a Sony system?

And if you'd take off your Sony goggles, you'd see that Microsoft takes a lot of heat for its timed exclusives, too.

Man said:
If it is Sony paying for time exclusivity ive got to say its a crappy choice of game.

Why didnt they do this for something really big like resident evil?

Like how Microsoft paid for Final Fantasy to come to the 360 and exclusive GTA content...

Because timed excusivity for Ghostbusters was probably cheap.

A timed exclusive for Resident Evil would have likely cost tens of millions of dollars.

I call "dick move" on Sony's part.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

According to Joystiq, this deal is for Europe only.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

wrong game to buy exclusivity on imo. Still its good to see their still fighting to survive, maybe this will hurt MS's feelings and both will learn to be friends and not be selfish with exclusivity any longer...................lol

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

lmao nice idea megaman, we can dream.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Makes sense to me if true. If Sony is publishing the movie why not have exclusivity to the game. Seems like Howard Stringer's unification plan for Sony is already in motion.

Wow, now THIS is news.

No Wii version - no purchase from me. Hopefully their deal won't affect exclusivity.

*this* is the problem with Sony owning both movie rights AND a game console: by limiting the games to their console only, they are throwing away millions of dollars. Not a great business model :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

This is only for pal regions, expect all the versions to come out on time, I think the video game media jumped the gun on this one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/sony-publishing-ghostbusters-in-europe-psp-version-resurrected/