By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - You realize you're a geek when...

How many people here have ever worked the term "Saving Throw" into general conversation? Bonus points to anyone who has ever asked a complete stranger what their ThAC0 is.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I am a software engineer, I laugh at coding and binary jokes, I read more about video games than anything else, I like stargate/star wars/star trek/nude pics of stars, I wear shirts that say "8-bit player", my wife buys my clothes so I can have some resemblance of modern culture.

All in all I'm awesome.

fazz said:
Well, everytime I find a stray coin in the street, I whistle the "You've found something!" sound from Zelda.

*shrugs*

I make the "bliiiing sound from SMB

The nerdiest thing about me though is the fact that I probably know 99% of all the tunes to all NES games released here in Sweden, and that I - to the despair of my collegues - use to hum a lot of them them while I work.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Just because you like video games doesnt mean your a geek or a nerd. Im near complete opossite of a nerd. Video games are cool, so if you talk about it while whistiling a theme or watever doesnt mean your a geek.

A geek is a person who acts like a dork, and cant get laid.

mM

leo-j is one of those super-cool 14 year old videogamers...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

Ouch.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

leo-j said:

Ummmm.....

The moment I posted on this site...

Hey, I love video games and the industry is interesting casue it's so fierce. But other than that, not so much of a geek...really. :)

BenKenobi88 said:

and I thought he passed the denial stage in the other thread... 

MontanaHatchet said:
leo-j said:

Ummmm.....

Oh, you didn't know? leo-j is a pimp. You betta ask somebody.