By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator Conduct

Seriously cklmb is a fair mod. No need to apologise. I think number of crap N-threads or N-posts would be significantly higher without him. 

Around the Network

WoW an this all because of the word Mast**bate X_X.

Are their in fact any rules on this forum where it says you can not say that word?

kber81 said:
Seriously cklmb is a fair mod. No need to apologise. I think number of crap N-threads or N-posts would be significantly higher without him.

See this is exactly what I'm concerned about. The opinion of a person should not change what is allowed or not. People should be censured only if they are in violation of the rules of conduct, not because of what viewpoint they represent. 

Is it not allowed to use that word on this forum?

Sigh on other forums you can find topics where people are discussing where they had sex and where it was the most kinky one :s.

It's not the word. It's that if I went on the Sony board and did the same thing, guess who would crack the whip down on me? I've said things a lot more harmless and been accused of trolling.

Around the Network

I personally think opinions are one thing (I have no issue with opinionated mods - being one of them) - but I do think vulgar language is another.

Purely because mods end up being seen as an example of how everyone else should post on a forum - especially noobs.

If you have a forum, where mods are swearing and flaming all over the place, I shudder to think what the quality of the posts will be like.

(I'm not trying to attack ck here, just stating my personal view...)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The word is fine, the context probably should have been a little better

That said, i think this thread has pretty much satisfied its goal and everyone who needs to be aware are now aware

tabsina said:
The word is fine, the context probably should have been a little better

That said, i think this thread has pretty much satisfied its goal and everyone who needs to be aware are now aware

I agree...I think that everything that needs to be said in this thread has been said.  I vote for a lock.

Agreed. Opinions have been aired, responses have been made and things have come to their conclusion. I'm going to give this a lock.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

FishyJoe said:
It's not the word. It's that if I went on the Sony board and did the same thing, guess who would crack the whip down on me? I've said things a lot more harmless and been accused of trolling.

Give it up. You didn't start a thread like this about Sintinel... You clearly feel uncomfortable with a mod who can easily ban you for your flamebait. Period.