By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator Conduct

Personally I don't see what the large fuss is over but in general having a position of authority should be someone you look up to not down upon.

Around the Network

FishyJoe you're a great poster on these boards and the sort of person I'd possibly consider for a mod yourself at some point.

I personally feel that if a mod does their job correctly then they are allowed to also express their own opinons. I don't entirely agree with Ckmlb on a lot of things and maybe he crosses a line sometimes but he does seem to be fair on the occasions when he does assume a mod position and he does add a lot to the site.

I know you and him don't see eye to eye on issues but it is best if we just all agree to disagree sometimes. I think many of the mods don't do much moderating a lot of the time anyway - some are added primarily to add news items, some as a backup if we get a spammer and so on.

All moderating decisions come down to Stof and Benkenobi so any specific issues should go through them and as far as I'm aware they do the majority of the moderating anyway. So whilst I understand and appreciate your point I want to promote freedom of speech on vgchartz, the ability to discuss and make points. References to masturbation and so on may be offensive to some and may be borderline in terms of forum etiquette but personally I don't really have an issue with it, especially in the context used. All-out swearing is against forum policy and I expect such cases to be policed as such but I don't want this forum to turn into a place where we censor every single thing people say.

To answer your question, I watch the watchers. If anyone is acting in an unprofessional way please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks 

ioi

It's so rare you see someone use whilst these days...

"All-out swearing is against forum policy and I expect such cases to be policed as such but I don't want this forum to turn into a place where we censor every single thing people say."

Thank you.

ioi said:

FishyJoe you're a great poster on these boards and the sort of person I'd possibly consider for a mod yourself at some point.

I personally feel that if a mod does their job correctly then they are allowed to also express their own opinons. I don't entirely agree with Ckmlb on a lot of things and maybe he crosses a line sometimes but he does seem to be fair on the occasions when he does assume a mod position and he does add a lot to the site.

I know you and him don't see eye to eye on issues but it is best if we just all agree to disagree sometimes. I think many of the mods don't do much moderating a lot of the time anyway - some are added primarily to add news items, some as a backup if we get a spammer and so on.

All moderating decisions come down to Stof and Benkenobi so any specific issues should go through them and as far as I'm aware they do the majority of the moderating anyway. So whilst I understand and appreciate your point I want to promote freedom of speech on vgchartz, the ability to discuss and make points. References to masturbation and so on may be offensive to some and may be borderline in terms of forum etiquette but personally I don't really have an issue with it, especially in the context used. All-out swearing is against forum policy and I expect such cases to be policed as such but I don't want this forum to turn into a place where we censor every single thing people say.

To answer your question, I watch the watchers. If anyone is acting in an unprofessional way please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks 

ioi

QFT. I dislike sites like GameFAQS where they can mod you for the smallest things.

Around the Network

I once lost 10 karma on Gamefaqs for ...

And that once was 2 days ago. I mean, come on!

I'd like to bring up two points on this matter. First of all, It's really odd that you'd complain now about something that happened almost a month ago (six years in forum time)

And secondly, while I don't remember entirely (the whole six year thing), I'm pretty sure I actually talked to ck about that very post. So someone is moding the mods.

Ok, a third point. I'll be the first to say that I'm not always a fan of ck's posting style. But he rarely if ever actually croses the line of etiquette and decency.

Infact, I'll even bring up a fourth point. I think most people here will agree that when it comes to videogames, this is probably one of the most civil and courteous around.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

MontanaHatchet said:
I once lost 10 karma on Gamefaqs for saying ...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Thanks for the response Ioi. I'm just having a difficult time understanding exactly what is allowed and what is not. Being constantly accused of trolling by a mod makes me feel that like I'm being targeted for elimination. Then when that same mod goes around doing the same thing I'm being accused of makes it even more unsettling.

MontanaHatchet said:
I once lost 10 karma on Gamefaqs for saying ...

What....? GODDAMMIT! I was half way through the book! thanks a lot montana.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout