By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Personal Trainer: Walking

So many people crying foul over this. Do you even know what the "game" does?

Around the Network

Walking. WALKING!! There's actually a game called 'Walking.' 'Look, Dan, the new 'Walking game' is out! Here's a good level: Putting One Foot In Front Of The Other!'"

I can't wait for Personal Trainer: Breathing

I really like the idea behind the game. (Thats no sarcasm) However, I would be intrested if you can use this also for running or only for walking. I got into fitness with WiiFit. A short while ago I started with running/jogging. A pedometer counts your steps and right now I have no real method to measure the length of my runs. Of course I measure the time, but it would be nice to measure the distance (number of steps) too.

What is the problem with this? Nintendo has expanded the market, and they have to find ways to sell the expanded market software other than Wii Sports, Wii Fit & Brain Age. If you look at sales for Wii Fit, My Personal Trainer, Jillian Michaels there is a obviously a huge market wanting this type of software. They have never made fitness software for the DS, though I believe Ubisoft has (with a pedometer as well, but we know how much effort Ubisoft puts into their DS games). I'm sure people will purchase fitness software for the DS, and Wii owners will love that it integrates with Mii's, and connects wirelessly to the pedometer. Sounds like a new innovative Nintendo concept that will sell a lot more hardware and software.

I think this is a brilliant and logical step for Nintendo. And it will print money. As long as they put out games for gamers I have no problem with this. Oh wait, they already announced a new Zelda coming for the DS.

People need to just chill out.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

If you have a dsi can't you go to your mii channel on your wii
press A then
press B then
press 1 then
hold down 2

and connect on pt:walking?

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Oh my dear lord no.

This is a new low and will not be anywhere near my DSi... i aint having it tainted by this shit.

@ TripleMMM
What you mean?

I meant that if you don't know about this either, then I'm not the only one (who never knew about this sorta game).

SmokedHostage said:
@Carl

I'm sorry who feel that way. To every man, his own I suppose. I also think TripleMMM is reffering to people not knowing about this game. I believe your real comment reinforces this argument.

Yes SmoHost, that is what I was refering. But don't take my shock in a negative way, I was just suprised. As the rest of you say, it's just like wii fit, only now you use it on-the-go!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

hmm.. nice concept by Nintendo and given their fame and their nose for market trends I expect this to be quite popular (not as popular as Wii Fit, mind you)

I personally have little need for self-improvement software though, so I don't expect to buy any of them any time soon.