By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

PS3s main goal is to outsell the XBox 360 in worldwide total sales. This is an extremely important goal to Sony in regards to PS3. The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online.

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses. Price of PS3 is approaching mass market penetration levels with next price cut and PS3 sales will take off as the economy does in fact improve in second half of 2009 and beyond. Expect PS3 price cuts to be announced some time at or after E3 09'.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. PS3 has a remote chance of finishing first in console wars. However I believe PS3 will finish a very close second behind the Wii when the generation is over. Bad luck for X360 ending up third after being ages in first place. Oh well such is life.

Discuss

Around the Network

PS3 really does hold all the Aces.

Now if only we weren't playing Uno.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I agree with you

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

but ninja blade....

I will let you fanboys in denial,  masturbate your brains, and convince yourself of whatever you want to believe...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:

Thats crazy Talk,did you see Sonys losses,nothing they can just get rid of buy selling other hardware.

PS3beats360 said:

PS3s main goal is to outsell the XBox 360 in worldwide total sales. This is an extremely important goal to Sony in regards to PS3. The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online.

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses. Price of PS3 is approaching mass market penetration levels with next price cut and PS3 sales will take off as the economy does in fact improve in second half of 2009 and beyond. Expect PS3 price cuts to be announced some time at or after E3 09'.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. PS3 has a remote chance of finishing first in console wars. However I believe PS3 will finish a very close second behind the Wii when the generation is over. Bad luck for X360 ending up third after being ages in first place. Oh well such is life.

Discuss

Do you really believe all this? Your mind must be incredibly powerful to trick you into thinking this could happen.

Signature goes here!

wishful thinking? do you click your little ruby slippers together as you wrote this?

sony is cutting jobs and reducing divisions around the globe...that's a pretty big frikking drop in a small bucket.

ps3 will never catch the wii, and the next generation will have started by the time sony catches the 360. having the best games is great and all, but the sales will take a long time to equalize.

also if it were so easy to make a price drop, sony would have done so by now. your oversimplification just leaves you coming off as a delusional fanboy.

art is the excrement of culture

It's about time it played some of these aces, innit.

God Of War III believe!