By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Video on demand Service coming to the West, may include same content

Thread title wasn't great, sorry

According to this source

http://wii.qj.net/Iwata-Wii-no-Ma-overseas-deployment-is-under-planning/pg/49/aid/130985

"Wii-no-Ma service is available only in Japan at the start, but the overseas deployment is under planning in the future," said Iwata.

Iwata also added that the Japanese content may find its way to our shores, saying

"As Japanese videogames, anime or manga are very favoured all over the world, we also anticipate a great possibility of same spread for video programmes."

Around the Network

Wow, I didn't expect the content to be the same. That's awesome and I hope it works out (and is available with subtitles).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm very sad that I can't get online yet. . . :(

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Thats pretty cool.

W00t !! that could be awesome ! now, in West, will it include Europe ?
Good news for fans of Japanese culture.

Around the Network

That would kick ass, an actual provision of anime content in the US that isn't

A. Fan-subs on linksites
B. Extensively overpriced DVDs
C. Those 4 hours that Adult Swim still runs it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If GDC is any indication this thing might launch during E3...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
Anime with subs, gogogo! :o

Where did the say they´ll include anime with subs?

That's awesome!

Wonder how much Wii points it will cost, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I would love to be able to see anime all in one place.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."