By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I hope zelda wii uses the graphics style of the latest prince of persia.I like this comment:"While games that push the realistic envelope are always surpassed in a year or two, games with unique art styles stand the test of time better than most.".Playing a 7 year old game with realistic graphics is usually more annoying than playing a 7 year old game with cel shading.Usually.
I don't think dat'll be the case anymore though,games like uncharted & gears just look too good!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

It's cel shading. It's really great. Except for when it's bad.

I love it in Suda51, Clover/Platinum, and Nintendo games. And Punch-Out!! looks amazing.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It's cel shading. It's really great. Except for when it's bad.

I love it in Suda51, Clover/Platinum, and Nintendo games. And Punch-Out!! looks amazing.

"It's cel shading."  I realize that now, but I figured you all would know what I was talking about.

Both cartoon and realistic style got their own advantage ,it's up to ourself which one you like(and even better ,you can like both of'em.)

For me ratio between cartoon : realistic is 7:3.(Hey i'm a cartoonist ,surely i love cartoon more than realistic.) XD

But i won't just reject realistic too. ( ^_^)b

Xxain said:
Stylish art >>> realistic art

this

Around the Network

I don't like cel shading at all.

Xxain said:

True.

PorkChopTD said:

With this new Red Steel 2 trailer, Punch Out!! and Okami.  It is now my official favorite style of game development.  It just lets the game be a game.  Instead of trying to make it look like real life.  Don't get me wrong I like HD graphics too, but cell shading is just better in my opinion.

Always loved cell-shading better then any other. FYI, HD cell shading exists too. See--Tales of Vesperia, Valkyrie Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, etc. Which is why Im a bit confused why this is in Nintendo section.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Eh... it depends on the game I guess.

Jet Grind Radio is my all time favorite cel shaded game.

Xxain said:

Realistic art can be stylish depending on the game and is therefore a subset of stylish art. That said, "stylish art" (non-realistic) is less likely to age than realistic art and if done well will last beyond that generation.