By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thre needs to be an asterik by Wii Sports Numbers.

Gnac said:
Not this shit again.

Same shit. Different people.

:)

Around the Network

Of the Wii titles, Wii Fit has been the 6th best selling game in Japan in 2009, Mario Kart Wii has been the 14th best selling game in Japan in 2009, and Wii Sports has only been the 26th best selling game in Japan this year.

The only territory that gives an accurate picture of how Wii Sports sells is Japan where the game isn't bundled. Even if it would sell half as many copies in the Western territories unbundled as its current numbers where it is counted 1:1 with Wiis (much as it sales about half as many copies as Wiis are sold in Japan), then it would still have to sell 18 million more units to pass SMB.

Oh for fuck's sake.... Give it a rest. A good game is all a matter of opinion. A game you think sucks may be someone's most favorite game of all time.

Batman...WTF? said:
Oh for fuck's sake.... Give it a rest. A good game is all a matter of opinion. A game you think sucks may be someone's most favorite game of all time.

I think in its time many more people considered Super Mario Brothers to be the greatest game of all time than consider Wii Sports to be the greatest game of all time today.

I thought this game was to show what the Wii is really capable of doing for non-gamers and its suppose to appeal to them into getting the console. After all it is a mainstream console!

Around the Network

When someone buys a Wii outside Japan they buy Wii Sports.

That's a fact, deal with it.

(sorry for sounding bitter but that's because this horse has been beaten to death)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

xlost8 said:
I thought this game was to show what the Wii is really capable of doing for non-gamers and its suppose to appeal to them into getting the console. After all it is a mainstream console!

It just irks me when I hear people make claims that this game is the greatest system seller and the #1 most sold game of all time.  I think such statements are an affront to the great games of the past including Nintendo games.  In its time Super Mario Bros. would have sold just as many copies unbundled as it did bundled and I suspect the same can't be said for Wii Sports.

NJ5 said:
When someone buys a Wii outside Japan they buy Wii Sports.

That's a fact, deal with it.

(sorry for sounding bitter but that's because this horse has been beaten to death)

really? I thought we had only beat it unconscious and we were still working on turning it into glue

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

kowenicki said:
wow... prepare yourself... I got so much shit for going there once before...

But I agree Wii sports isnt the biggest SELLING game. I will never change that opinion no matter how much wii fans shout, scream and kick. It isnt like a normal byndle... its a free game that comes with every nintendo wii in the western world. (Japan is different I believe?)

how is it free? I had to pay $250 for my copy if Wii Sports. But I did get 1 free Wii, Remote, and Nunchuck.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

txrattlesnake said:
xlost8 said:

It just irks me when I hear people make claims that this game is the greatest system seller and the #1 most sold game of all time.  I think such statements are an affront to the great games of the past including Nintendo games.  In its time Super Mario Bros. would have sold just as many copies unbundled as it did bundled and I suspect the same can't be said for Wii Sports.

eh? no one ever or to my knowledge it never came out my mouth that Wii Sports is the greatest game ever. Just admit that the game is selling even though its not bundled in Japan. Is that enough proof that this game has a high appeal?

Even though its bundled in America, it still goes to show you that in Japan its the top selling game non-bundled.

By the way, this subject has been discussed countless amount of times and its getting pretty ridiculous how every or so month someone just keeps trolling or flaming the fact Wii Sports is not a good game and is bundled.