By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thre needs to be an asterik by Wii Sports Numbers.

@kowenicki: I already answered your question a few times I believe. My first post implies that they're forced sales.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
why cant people just answer this....

It is either a FORCED sale or a FREE item..... in either event its SALES figures are therefore meaningless.

agree or disagree... if you disagree.. why? and make it sensible please.

I agree.  It is just another item in the box.  The real reason to buy the Wii during the holidays of '06 was Zelda:  Twilight Princess.

Graves said:
xlost8 said:
Plus, if you look at the Wii price tag it's $250. I look at the Wii console alone being a price tag of $200 and Wii Sports being charged $50. Hence the $250, either way the game is being sold and should be counted.

1) Nintendo doesn't give you an option.

2) Its not worth $50

3) The sales should be counted but we all know its bullshit.

1)I know they don't. I just looked a concept that is worth noting. $200 for a console, $50 for a game. That's a concept that is worth noting to bring the $250 price tag for the Wii and Wii Sports.

2) It sure as hell not be worth $50 but Wii Play says "hello".

3) Of course they should, its a game.

Dgc1808 said:
You're a dead man... RUN!!

LOL XD

OT: I'm actually pretty sure wii-sports is selling the wii.. and not the other way around.

Check out my game about moles ^

txrattlesnake said:
Jaos said:
When Wii haters want to downplay Wii Sports sales, it's a forced buy.

When Wii haters want to downplay Wii sales, customers only buy it because of Wii Sports.

I don't know who could say people buy it only because of Wii Sports.  The Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes those are reasons to buy it.

It's a introductory game to the console that's why!

Around the Network

Wii Sports is pretty bad. I hate how its cartoon characters. I'd rather play other sports games. Like for golf I'd rather play Tiger Woods, Tennis I'd rather play Virtua Tennis, etc.

Going back to look at the NES there were two reasons to buy an NES. One: it was the first game system available after the crash, and Two: Super Mario Brothers. It was the first great game on the system and remained so for a couple of years. It was soley responsible for NES sales at least until games like Metroid and Zelda came out a couple of years later.

When you look at Wii, sure Wii Sports was in the box, but the first reason to buy the console was Zelda: Twilight Princess, then Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii, and while these other games were responsible for Wii sales Wii Sports was just riding along in the box and being given sales numbers it probably hadn't earned.

Staude said:
Dgc1808 said:
You're a dead man... RUN!!

LOL XD

OT: I'm actually pretty sure wii-sports is selling the wii.. and not the other way around.

I know my parents played wii spots at my house and they had to have a wii so they bought one b/c f this game, then my uncle and aunt as well…

So there is two sales based only on wii sports

txrattlesnake said:

I don't know who could say people buy it only because of Wii Sports.  The Legend of Zelda:  Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes those are reasons to buy it.

It has been said many times, on vgchartz and in articles by so called gaming journalists.

txrattlesnake said:

When you look at Wii, sure Wii Sports was in the box, but the first reason to buy the console was Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii Sports, then Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii, and while these other games were responsible for Wii sales Wii Sports was just riding helping along in the box and being given sales numbers it probably hadn't earned deserved.

Now that post I just fix'd above is more correct.